003

The thunder rumbled as the rain poured down on the boys who were drenched in rain as they stare ahead at the fog a small light coming from a few feet ahead of where the fog is.

"Who are you?"The voice screeched in a low tone as they stare ahead "So weak.So scared."it said and whatever it was it wasn't something they wanted to see.

"So sad."It spoke again,so low that it hurt their ears as the water falls down their face as they stare at the black figure that looked like a torn up piece of fabric "Run away,little hero,"It demanded at Percy,as the shadow sort thing turned to Enzo "before you get hurt."

Just then the two boys jumped out their seats in sync their eyes opening as they turned to one another,it was like the two sensed they saw the same thing.

As they stared ahead at the small wooden shack infront of the car "we're here."smiled Sally as she wiped her watery eyes.

"On three?"Asked Percy awkwardly as she smiled with thinned lips "ready?"she asked "one,two.."she paused as they began laughing as the two boys jumped out the car before her "Three!"she shouted getting out the car,chasing behind the two.

~

Lorenzo ran the tap before cupping some water in his hand,rinsing his face as he raised his head staring deep into his reflection while leaning on the sink a few droplets of water falling from his lip.

Slowly he opened the door walking into the room with the lingering smell of burning wax and a burnt marshmallow.As he stared at Sally at the counter her back turned to him.

As he patted the left side of her shoulder as she turned confused to see no one as she turned to her right to see Enzo smiling sheepishly as she chuckled Percy strutted over from the other room.

"I found the good marshmallows.Ones that don't burn so easy."She informed the boys as they nodded "I don't think it was ever the marshmallows fault."Pointed out Percy "I think it's because we weren't paying attention."he admitted with his arm over his brother.

As Sally turned to them with a smile as the room was silent "mom..we need to talk to you about something."Percy informed her as she licked her lip before biting it and nodding.

They sat by the fire as Sally listened in to the words that left their mouths no matter if it was outrageous she listened.

First it started with them talking about how they felt "like a puzzle with half the wrong pieces." stuff like that,then about their daydreaming..except it doesn't feel like daydreaming anymore.

Just then she described exactly what they would've said,like she knew what they felt and how they would explain it.

Just then the two got quite defensive and began to become filled with confusion that made them seem quite mad some more than others.

Percy more curious,Lorenzo so curious he seemed more mad as she went in to explain exactly why they go to the cabin every year.

And then she brought up their dad and she explained it all.Every.Last.Bit.

"Because h...he wasn't a man at all.He was a god."

"You fell inlove with god?"Asked Percy curiously
"Like..like-like Jesus?"They asked her furrowing their brows the anger falling down and confusion building.

"Not God.A God."she said clearing her throat as she fixed her posture "what's the difference?"he asked as Percy Shrugged also still confused "so my mom? My mom fell in love with the god that..that you fell inlove with?"Asked the boy as Sally nodded with his question.

"The stories..that I have told you about Greek Gods and heroes and monsters,they are real."
"Mom-"
"And those stories,I have told you about how gods and mortals would sometimes have children together.."
"Mom,please,stop."
"Children called demigods."
"Mom!"
"And sometimes they are known as Half-bloods."
She finished off as the boys stared blankly at the fire as they turned to her "that's what the monster called us.Mom,what's happening?"Percy asked shaking his head.

"You two are half-bloods."She said "and half bloods are not safe in the world."she informed them as they tried to avoid eye contact.

"Once they reach a certain age and they begin...to
understand what they are,terrible forces are drawn to them,"she started to explain as the two shook their heads at her as they tried to shut out the words "driven to harm them before they can become strong enough to fight back.That,is what you two have been feeling."

"It is always been apart of who you are,it was always coming,I just-"
"Why are you telling us this?"interrupted Percy as the two only grew more angry.

"Boys,I know that this is hard to understand,but you have to believe me that this is real."she pleaded holding Percy's shoulder and Lorenzos clutched fist.

The two stood up "no! This-this is crazy!"Lorenzo yelled at her "Okay?we are not Gods!"Snapped Percy angrily the confusion leaving only rage left.

"There is just something wrong with our brains!"
They argued with breaking voices "I understand that we're weird,believe me,I get it,"Percy began as Lorenzo was actually strikingly offended once being called weird but the anger was stronger than his offended mood.

"I'm afraid something is really broken now."Said Enzo as tears well in Sallys eyes. "Oh-babies-no-"
She began to grab them as Enzo snapped his hands back "And-and-"he began "now you're telling me stories."Spat Percy "like it's gonna make it okay?"

"Well,we're not babies!We know there's no such thing as monsters,I know there's no such thing as gods-"Percy ranted down on her "and I know for certain that there is no such thing as demigods."
added Enzo as the boys stared down at the teary lady just as a loud bang pounded the door "who's there?"Hollered their mother from the couch as they turned around and Sally peered around the two boys.

"Mrs.Jackson? It's Grover."a voice said calmly outside "Grover?"the boys asked quietly.
"This is a little time sensitive.So could someone maybe open the door?"He asked them through the glass as Sally stood up.

"What is he doing here?"Percy asked "we don't want to see him.Wait-mom-"he said as she swung open the door as she leaned on the side of the door blocking the air from entering.

"I asked to have the night,you said we could all leave in the morning."she reminded the boy "sorry,I'm early,but I didn't have any choice."Grover warmed her as the boys listened intensely "Things have changed,this is all developing a lot faster than we anticipated."He ranted quickly.

"Early?"Asked Percy as Grover entered the house dripping rain everywhere "he was in should've asked me before you-whatever it is you're gonna say,I don't wanna hear it..."Percy piped down as he looked at Grover "Grover?"Asked Enzo.

"Enzo."Nodded Grover awkwardly "okay so somethings coming..."The boy began to explain enthusiastically.

"Grover."Repeated Percy "and I know that sounds really bad.."Grover continued to ignore the boys "Grover?"The boys repeated again with fearful eyes as they stared down.

"But the important thing is not to panic."Grover continued to ramble speedily "I'm not panicking."Said Sally holding her fist on her hips.

"Grover!"The boys yelled again only to be shut out "Great!um also definitely not panicking."Grover assured her even tho his tone said otherwise "I feel very good about how we're doing so far-"

"GROVER!"The boys called out loudly as Grover turned to them "what?"he finally replied to his name as he stomped his foot.

"Why is there a half goat in your pants?"The two asked him as Grover looked down "oh,it's..."he paused as they looked down at his goat legs.

""Oh! Oh,boy,she didn't tell you two about..."he started as he pointed at them in shock "You didn't tell them about me?"Spat Grover as he turned to Sally in disbelief.

"You're early."The mother reminded him as he turned back to the boys who finally looked away from the legs "so the important thing is not to panic."Grover uttered raising his hands to his sides.

"Not panic? Grover,you're a goat!"Spat Enzo quickly "Half goat."He corrected as he went to say more Sally interrupted.

"We'll continue this in the car.Let's go."She ordered walking between them as the boys stood in silence Grover sent them an innocent shrug as the boys continued to stare him up and down before following out.

A/n:LMK WHAT YOU THINK OF THE CHAPTERS SO FAR PLEASE,ANY TIPS ARE WELCOME!!