Chapter 4

Piper POV:

It was dark out, but I walked up to Athena's House, knocking on the front door. I heard muffled talking inside, and then the door opened, I didn't see Athena anywhere, but Annabeth was there. She huffed like she was annoyed at the sight of me before speaking, "Why?"

"Hello to you, too, Annabeth. May I come in?"

She rolled her eyes and waved me in as she walked away from the door.

I walked in after her and looked around. The room we were currently in was designed to feel spacious but still had several things in it. There was a fireplace on one wall and near it, there were bookshelves and some comfy-looking chairs the other side of the room had a desk with a computer on it, a painting, a few more books, and a mirror, which Annabeth was standing in front of.

There was a small table under the mirror that had a dagger, which Annabeth picked up and put next to her face. Understandably, that was concerning, I walked over next to her, "Uhm... What are you doing?"

"Eyeliner." She said it like it should be obvious, moving the dagger to look at me while she answered.

"With a knife?"

"It's to keep my hand steady."

I watched silently and sure enough, she used the dagger to keep it steady and she put on some eyeliner.

"Huh, never knew that could be an option," I said as she finished.

"Yeah, well, I learned it from one of your siblings." She said, walking over to one of the several bookshelves in the room, her hand hovering just over the books as she seemed to be trying to choose between them or look for a specific one.

"Which one?"

"You probably didn't know her." She seemed to find the book she'd been looking for, but it wasn't a book, more a binder. She flipped through it and showed me a page full of pictures of kids, teens, and young adults sitting in front of a disturbingly pink cabin, the same group at a table with a banner of a dove near it, them sitting in the stands during a chariot race, playing volleyball, and other camp activities.

"Which one was she?"

Annabeth pointed to a photo in the top right corner of the page.

"The girl was your sister, Silena Beauregard. The guy with her was Charles Beckendorf, a son of Hephestus, but people usually just called him Beckendorf, and she called him Charlie."

"Was?" I asked, looking at the picture of the two.

"They both died during the..."

"I heard about it... it was about a year ago, right?"

"One year, four weeks, and two days."

"That's... specific..."

"I have a reason to remember it."