Only part

One dayHenry and Tommy were walking to their friend Eric's house. Their friend Sophie was supposed to meet them there to discuss their live performance for the talent show.

"How much do you wanna bet Sophie slept over?" Tommy said, laughing.

"Given she did last time, I wouldn't be surprised. She and Eric are quite close," Henry agreed laughing.

The two walked up the driveway. Tommy knocked on the door. Eric answered the door.

"Hey guys. Sophie is in my room waiting for us while Cassandra brushes and braids her hair," Eric said, happily.

"Soph spent the night?" Tommy asked.

"She's been here all week since her parents are out of town visiting her twin sister Lorry," Eric answered.

"How would we know? Sophie doesn't talk to us about family stuff," Henry asked.

"Our parents are friends, that's part of why I know," Eric explained as they went upstairs to his room and a pit stop in the kitchen to tell his mom Tommy and Henry arrived.

In his room, Sophie was sending a text on her iPhone using Siri.

"Soph. Tommy and Henry are here," Eric said.

"So did either of you come up with any ideas for the talent show?" Henry asked.

"Soon showed me a song she wrote yesterday. She recorded it and showed me the recording, and I really like the song," Eric answered.

"It's about blindness and how it affects people around us, whether we know it or not," Sophie explained.

"I live that idea! Plus it can be great. My cousin's friend is blind. It will definitely shed some light," Henry said.

"Eric, can you pull up the song on my phone? I haven't fully been able to set up my phone so it's accessible to me." Sophie asked.

"Sure thing," Eric agreed. The four of them listened to Sophie's recording. It had a ukulele and Sophie's vocals.

"That sounds amazing Soph! I can also hear how much the song means to you. Can I ask Soph, what drew you to making this song?" Tommy asked.

"Well, as Eric and his family knows, I can't see very much of anything. I'm medically fully blind. That's why I'm in extra help classes,"Sophie answered.

"Wait, how do you use your phone or play the ukulele?" Tommy asked.

"Special accessibilities set up on my phone and I learned to play before I went blind," Sophie explained.

"That's why you're so clingy with Eric," Tommy said in realisation.

"We're also dating," Eric answered.

"How'd I not know any of this?" Tommy asked in annoyance.

"To be fair, I don't think we told them we were dating," Henry piped up.

"You two are?" Eric asked, shocked.

"I knew this," Sophie piped up. "Also, we all are really bad at keeping each other updated about life events. We need to fix this,"

"Sophie's right," Henry agreed. So for the next hour or so, they all talked about life then learned Sophie's song.

By the end of the week, they were all ready for the talent show that Friday.

"And next up, we have Bat-tastic," the MC introduced and Sophie, Tommy, Eric and Henry all walked on stage. They played Sophie's song and rocked the audience.