Chapter 1

"Memories can be treacherous, Osaka." I whisper to my little sister as we walk home hand in hand. I calmly pat her head before leading her through our window and closing it behind us. "Straight to bed for you." I warn her gently, urging her to keep quiet.
Despite the rain, I sit by the window, listening to the comforting sound of raindrops hitting the window glass. It's been harder to keep guard over my sister lately, now that our mother has acted differently after Dad's passing.

I watch her fall asleep for a while and then lock the door. Keeping her safe from any harm. Ever since father passed, our mother's gone insane, talking about curses and inhumanities. But my sister still remains deeply loyal to her, and I can't stand to watch her suffer. So, I try to protect her any way I can, shielding her from the brunt of our mother's insanity.
I've been studying the 'curses' our mother has been warning us about, but nothing makes sense. But then, one passage catches my eye...

"We have not been cursed... the curse is our memories." As I read the line to myself, it resonates with me deeply, and I quickly realize its truth. My mind flashes back to the time when my mother stormed into the room, cursing at me and tying me up. After that, everything turns dark, and the next thing I remember, I'm here.
I feel an intense and painful sensation, as if my life is being drained out of me. I can hear my mother's voice in my head, urging me to repent and be a proper daughter.

"Please, I'm sorry, I promise I'll be a better daughter." I plead desperately, but there's no budging. My ears are ringing, my head throbs, and my vision is growing darker. All I can feel now is the pain, as if the very life is being sucked out of me. Mother keeps repeating the words, "Curse the devil inside and out." I can hear my own voice, stuttering, "Osaka... I promise... I'll come back for you. Wait for me."

Then, all goes dark. My mind is filled with fog and I feel completely disoriented. I don't know where I am, how I got here, or where I'm going. All I can remember is the pain and my mother's last words, cursing the devil inside and out.
My mind keeps slipping back. It feels strange, this is definitely not my world...

Under the cursed On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara