"Montage of lies."

I am a policeman, and I am very good at solving cases. Whether it is an unsolved case that has not been solved for decades or a major case where the murderer is on the run, with me here, these cases will be solved quickly, so I am honored to be given the title of "Sherlock Holmes of the 21st Century". I said that it was not very appropriate, but I accepted it. After all, I am indeed very powerful.

On this day, a police officer from the team led our deputy bureau to rush over. They found me and asked me to lead the team to solve a new case.

Under the overpass, there is a gurgling water with an undercurrent surging in it. A soaked, white and rotting corpse floats on the water, forming a bloated cadaver. That man is their chief.

The body was picked up and sent to the forensic department for examination. All the guards in the police station lowered their heads and were depressed. After all, the chief took good care of them.

"This case is left to you, we must find it out Who killed the director!" The deputy director patted me on the shoulder and led the team back with a pale face.

This is a really tough case, I thought, but no one knows how to solve a case like this better than me.

In the next two days, we checked the surveillance cameras next to the overpass. We could clearly see that the chief walked onto the overpass alone and sat on the railing next to the bridge. He sat quietly for a long time. Suddenly, he jumped forward and fell into the into the water.

After seeing it, the young police officer on the side asked: "Suicide?" I heard this and said with a smile: "You are still too naive and inexperienced."

"There are many doubts. First, why did the chief go to sit on the overpass? Was he waiting for someone, or what happened to him that made him think of committing suicide? Second, when he jumped down, it was not like he jumped down by himself, more like someone pushed him from behind. When he jumped down, his head subconsciously tilted back. If he wanted to jump on his own, he would probably have jumped down with his head and body; thirdly, as far as we know, the chief could swim, but why did we only see his body after he was pushed down? Why did he die without any struggle? Finally, are you sure that it was the chief who died?"

I raised my eyes and looked at the people in the police force. They seemed to be shocked by my last sentence. "But that face... is indeed the chief." A policeman member proposed.

"No rush, let's wait for the forensic autopsy report." I pulled out the chair on one side and continued to sit down and watch the surveillance. Not long after, the autopsy report arrived.

"The deceased was determined to be a male. He died of mechanical asphyxiation. A small amount of hallucinogenic anesthetic drugs remained in his stomach. The DNA information did not match the chief, but this person looks very similar to the chief." The forensic assistant explained quickly. "Then where is the real chief?" A police officer asked. I chuckled, "It seems like no one has called the chief since the investigation?"

The police officer was stunned for a moment, then took out his mobile phone and made a call.

The phone rang three times and was answered immediately.

"Hello?"

"Hello, your chief is not at home right now. What's the matter?" The person who answered the phone was the chief's wife. She saw that the call showed that she was a police officer from the police force and asked immediately.

"Hello, madam, we have something urgent to do with the chief. Can you tell us where he is?" the police officer asked nervously. "He said he went out of town to handle a case and it would be a few days before he could come back, I don't know exactly where he went. Didn't he tell you?" "I understand, ma'am, we're just asking about the situation, if there's nothing else to say, we'll hang up." Immediately, the police officer pressed the hang up button.

"Check the identity of the deceased." I said. "The deceased was the chief's cousin." said the information officer in the police force.

"This is interesting. Let's talk about this cousin." I propped up my face with my hands and listened to the intelligence officer describing this cousin's situation.

"This cousin's network is very simple. He is a salesman. His shop is next to the overpass. He has a wife and a five-year-old child. However, the child drowned three months ago. His wife could not bear the blow and became sick. She was diagnosed with an illness, and needed high medical bills, which hit him hard. He borrowed money from everywhere to treat his wife's illness, and also had to organize a funeral for his child." The intelligence agent spoke slowly. "Tell me about him and the chief." I tapped the information file in his hand.

"He and the chief's family used to have a very good relationship, but something very stupid happened. They both fell in love with a girl at the same time, but the girl didn't like them and chose another student from the police academy. However, later the girl disappeared, and her body was found under a tree next to the overpass with a knife in her hand. It was eventually determined that he had committed suicide. Anyway, there has been no contact between the two families since then."
"It's really interesting. I have a question. If the chief is travelling far away, why didn't he bring his mobile phone with him? The chief's situation right now, is probably very dangerous." I got up and led the police team to continue the investigation and visit. Three days later, the police station received a mysterious letter.

"Two hours later, in the west warehouse of the city, someone is going to kill Police Team 2. Police Team 1 must quickly provide support!" "Captain, is this a lie to us? Are we going?" A young police officer asked me. "Go, call Police Team 1 immediately." I replied. After organizing the team, we immediately sent out the police. I forgot to mention that our chief called the team I led as Police Team 1, the team the chief led is Police Team 2. The first police team quickly rushed to the west city warehouse. What they saw after entering was a wonderful sight. The police officers from the second police team fell to the ground, forming a pool of blood. They were dead and maimed. No one was spared, and the "culprit", the chief, standing on the steps of the warehouse at the highest point, there was a knife in his hand. A drop of blood fell along the knife, while the chief smiled crazily. "Arrest him!" I ordered, and the first police team immediately came out.

They are police officers from Team 1 of our police force, so their skills must be extraordinary. However, several people were still stabbed by the chief. The chief was quickly subdued. We found hallucinogens in his pocket, and it's the same kind as his cousin's. "The evidence is conclusive, take him away." I raised my hand to signal to the police.

The team quickly held the chief and retreated. I looked at their retreating silhouette and smiled. Told you guys, I am the best at solving this case in the world.

No one knows the case better than me, no?

Now, dear reader, please turn to the beginning of the book, let's take a look at the murderer's first-person perspective, shall we?