3 - He found her, but...

"Like the words written in the sand
Where the waves are
I'm afraid you'll disappear
So I always miss you
I can't take out
All the things written in my diary
But this means that I love you"

Her voice pierced through the chilly wind and carries such a haunting tone, that he stopped in his tracks and searched the surroundings. Paulo found her sitting on the grass with her back on him, swaying in tune to what she was listening. He never felt like this before, this wave of emotions as he listens to her voice.

It was beautiful. It was what he wanted in his songs, he have to talk to her.

He started walking towards the owner, but someone shouted from behind him.

"There you are!"

Both of them turned towards the sound, and Paulo saw a medium built guy, with a funny hat, approached her, seemingly mad. He watched as she stood up and looked scared facing the guy. When he saw the guy grabbed her arm quite forcefully, an unfamiliar feeling of protectiveness surged in him and he started to walk towards them, but a hand tapped his shoulder, and he saw Vester also watching the scene unfolding.

"Do you know her?" He asked.

"No, why?"

"Then why are you meddling?"

Paulo was taken aback by it, Yes, why am i trying to involve myself? He thought. Aloud, he said, "Because she's the one."

Vester looked at him skeptically, eyebrows raised. "The one for what exactly?"

"The one I've been looking for." He returned his gaze on the two, who were now raising their voices at each other. He started to walk towards them, but Vester held him back again.

"It looks like a lover's spat, do you really wanna go there?"

Another unfamiliar feeling surge in again, and Paulo felt confuse by it. What is this? , he thought. This is really annoying.

"Don't make that face, sir. You don't have the right to interfere with them." Vester said. Paulo must have shown his annoyance, and Vester misunderstood it for something else.

"You got it wrong, man. I need to talk to her, she's the one I've been searching for so long."

"I didn't take you to be a hopeless romantic, Pau. This is not you."

Paulo looked at him blankly, until he realized how he must've sound to his friend.

"What? No! It's not like that. Come on, man."

Vester smiled, and gestured to the couple. "Looks like they're leaving."

Paulo turned and saw the guy holding to her hand and pulling her towards the exit. Without any second thought, he ran to them. Vester had no choice but to follow his friend.

——-
"Wait!"

Jian and Josh stopped in their tracks and saw a guy running towards them, followed by another guy smiling behind him.

"Do you know him?" Josh asked her, and proceed to place himself in front of her when she answered no.

She peeked over his shoulder to see the guy better, and saw him catching his breath.

He had his hair up in a man bun but some strands came loose when he ran. His face had an androgynous quality, with very distinct jawline and thick eyebrows, with one having three line shave and looked like claw-marks but it suits him well. The guy straightened and faced her brother, and she gasped.

His eyes are hypnotizing, like two blackholes sucking you in. He saw her peeking behind Josh, and their eyes met. It felt like he punched her in the gut, her heart racing and her vision tunneled only towards his eyes. She hid behind Josh again, and just listened to their conversation.

"Who are you?" Josh, being his protective self, asked him.

"I think I found what I'm looking for." She heard him said. His voice had a raspy quality that sounds unique.

"Whatever you found, it's not here. We need to go." Josh pulled her again.

"Wait!" He followed, "Can I just talk to her?"

Josh faced her, "Do you know this guy?"

Jian said softly, "No." They continued walking away.

"Wait! Just listen, okay?"

"Look man, I don't want any trouble, and you're bothering us. We have to be somewhere right now."

"Hi, I'm Vester Ajero." The 2nd guy introduced himself but Josh just looked at the hand extended in greeting. He pulled his ungreeted hand back and fished a calling card from his pocket and handed it to Josh.

Vester Ajero
A&R
HM Records

"A record label?" Josh said, "We don't have time for this."

Josh put the card in his jacket and pulled Jian away. Paulo started to talk, but Vester held him back.

"Let it go man, come on." He started to walk towards their car, but Paulo was running again.

"Listen," Paulo said to Josh, "This lady has an amazing voice. You should not waste the opportunity like that."

"Who are you to tell us what we want to waste or not?"

"Josh" Jian stopped him, but Josh continued, "You don't know anything about us, and I think I prefer it that way. We don't need your fancy life, so let's be clear: Stay away from Jian."

Josh pushed Paulo away and continued walking, Paulo decided to let it go.

For now, he thought. But I'll find you, Jian.