Outcast to Pretty Dirt

The wind was breezy, and sunshine shines.
Hey, I'm Amy. I'm from Barcelona, Spain. I have an older sister(Jen) who is really annoying. We're even in different genres: She's a girly girl, loves make up, and is addicted to herself. While me, I'm a common girl, cares less about herself and loves books. She's popular in school, while I'm like an outcast. I'm known as a "nerd" since I loved books. Really, people just don't see the beauty in books.

But then things took a turn.
I decided to be new or try something so I can be as good as my sister! With the help of my two best friends who are Marisa and Faye, I had my hair done and nails too. I tried to learn make up but it didn't go as planned at first, but now it did for sure! When I arrived at school, I walked down that hallway looking like pretty dirt. I just knew everyone's eyes were on me. But then suddenly, the most handsome prince charming came up to me. He said, "Hey, Amy right?" "Heyyy yeah Amy haha yeah like Amy like haha" I replied nervously. What an embarrassment. "Wanna hangout later? You and me." Mind: *OH MY GOSH! THIS IS A MIRACLE BLESSING! HOW CAN I EVEN SAY NO* "Yeahh sure, later alligator!" What the.. "later alligator"?! Who says later alligator?!

After class, I went outside and saw him with his car in front of school. He was waiting for me.. soo romantic! And I know just that Vanessa was looking furious at us. Vanessa is one of my sister's friends and who hated me before and after my glow up.

We went out and watched the sunset. It was the most beautiful moment I have ever had with the most beautiful person I have ever met. I can't believe that it took me just one day to ever pull him. (2 years.) I liked him since before and I'm glad I can have a chance with him.

For how many weeks, we always went on long rides every after class. My sister and I had a talk, she was totally against me and my love life. "You know, you should be careful of who you love. That guy you're dating, what was his name again??" She asked. "It's  Ace, what do you mean? He's a great guy. He treats me right and I know that deeply he will love me right. You can't judge a person just because of what others say." I replied sincerely. "Amy, I've been there trust me. You can't just believe that something is real just because of the good things they do to you. Ace is a player, he played my friends and me." "Jen, I know it was hard for you but people can actually change so please shut up." I replied. I left the room with tears on my face. How could she ever do this to me? I thought she would be happy that I found someone for myself.

Later on, we went on a ride. We stopped by the beach, eating ice cream together. I asked him, "hey, I can trust you.. right?" "Yeah Amy, you know I love you more than anything." I believed him. I have never felt this ever for someone.

So the next day, I was at school at lunch. Yes, I sit by the "cool people" known in school. But, I didn't feel like sitting there. I missed the old me. The old me who doesn't hang out with idiotic people talking about anything stupid. So, I just went to the school library to read some books. But then, when I was holding like three books, I bumped into someone. He was kind and kinda handsome, he loves books like me too! "Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. Here, let me help you." He says as he picks up my stuff. "Hey it's okay, thank you. Do you mind? What is your name?" I asked. "I'm Seth. I'm actually a new student. I was just walking around looking for the library. I'm from the States."

Well, we hung out together in the library. Reading books with someone I just met.

After class, Ace didn't want to go out. "Hey, I'm kinda busy later. I'm going out with the boys. Do you mind?" "Yeah okay sure. Call me?" "Sure." He left with his car and I had to walk home. I was expecting him to think more like duh. When I arrived home, my sister came up to me and said, "Amy, you have to believe me. Ace is cheating on you with Vanessa! I knew this would happen. I don't want to say I told you so." "Oh my god Jen! Get off my back! Stop trying to ruin my relationship with Ace! Are you jealous or something?! You literally can't even talk to me in school because you think it's "social suicide" to talk to me!" I yelled. I mean, it hurts me that she doesn't want to tell others that we're sisters just because she's embarrassed about me. "Amy, I'm sorry okay. But I still love you as a sister. I care for you and I don't want you to hurt from a guy who looks like a failed lab experiment. You have to stop this." Should I believe her? This is my first time having a heart to heart talk with a sibling. But, I know in my gut feeling that Ace isn't cheating. Like, who would date Vanessa?! She looks like an ugly wrinkled old lady who doesn't have a life passion but drinking.

I went to Ace's house, it's like 30 minutes away so I had my mom drop me off. I peaked at his windows like a freaky obsessed girlfriend would do but it is a must. But I saw Ace with this blond girl. They were watching a movie and are too close to each other?! I thought we only did those things, why is he doing it with her?! Ugh I hate men.

I went home, I rode a bus. In the bus crying myself silently like I lost a dog.

When I arrived home, I laid on my bed and just hugging my pillows and listening to Olivia Rodrigo on full volume as comfort. I didn't know what to do, my sister told me about it many times and I never even listened. I'm sorry to her or to myself? I hate my life right now.

It was like 8pm, I got a message from him. I got soo many missed calls and text messages from different kinds of people but I didn't reply until it was him. He said, "Hey Amy, it's been kinda boring and yeah you feel that too. I wanna stop this thing between us and yeah I'm done. Bye see ya at school ig." I just wanted to scream at his face and rip his hair out. I could've slashed all 3 tires of his car but I didn't. I could've set his house on fire but I didn't. And one of the worst ways to break up with someone is through a phone! He could've been a little more mature? I threw my phone across the room, hitting my door making a huge thud sound.

My sister came in, "Hey, forget about him. He's a jerk." "Forget?! How can I forget?! It's impossible!" I cried. "Sometimes, having a pretty face isn't worth it. Having a pretty face with no personality? No. Amy, you gotta be better. Choose better. You can do more than that. Don't just let someone treat you like that. But right now, it's better you take time to move on. Okay? I'll give you some space." I never recovered. I will never be!

But then after 2 months of pain, I felt like a butterfly coming out of its cocoon. A pretty butterfly who wants to start a new life! I focused on my studies and old friends. I was back to being a nerd but not really a nerd NERD. I still got many friends but at some point, I forgot about my real two friends because I was too focused on being pretty and popular. But now, I'm making amends! I'm close with them and I'm talking to Seth. I'm also close with my sister and some of her friends too of course. People keep picturing me and Seth as a couple! But really, we're just friends. Ace was my first love, but I shouldn't stick to one. I realized I needed to move on because I know that someday, I will meet the person who will love me like how I love them. Who's love can't be compared to the past. I didn't want to rush things now like before. I'm back on my path, and there's more to come.