ℓιєѕ οƒ α яοѕє κιѕѕє∂ τοиgυє

The clanking of metal filled the air as the two spared. Each time Argenti assumed the swing of his spear had been so well-timed, her sword seemed to perfectly time itself to his. Ei always seemed ten steps ahead while looking as if she was lacking. Her eyes were unreadable as she moved with such grace. Then it struck him, something she had mentioned in passing before.

"Each battle, every clash. It's all a dance," The memory of her almost honeysuckle voice rang in his head. "Gracefully and beautifully strung along with each step and swing..." Without really caring to remember anything more Argenti took a stab in the dark, instead of meeting metal with metal. He grabbed her waist ever so gently and pulled her to her chest. Ei's eyes widened as her sword fell to the ground and her hand for purchase on his chestplate.

"It seems as though you've lost this duel." He smugly proclaimed. He watched the gears turn in his head before she laughed softly. Her laugh could rival the soft singing of any bird, in his eyes, not that he'd ever give her such an ego.

"I suppose you did, weird as a tactic it was, win." She muttered softly. "Though I beg to argue that you'd never do that in— sorry I pray you wouldn't do that in actual combat." She said, correcting herself about further reflection.

Argenti couldn't help but laugh as he held her, no sign of letting her go from his embrace. "Well if you were my enemy, perhaps I would." He joked. His smile grew as Ei playfully groaned.

"You are the worst." She joked as she pulled away from him as she went to pick up her sword. Argenti had to compose himself lest he seem like a kicked puppy as she pulled away. "How Idrila would ever deal with you would be beyond me." She hummed. Though there it was again, a hint of something in her eyes. It happened every time she uttered the Aeon of Beauty's name. It was strange. It made him wonder exactly what she knew... he never bothered to question perhaps he'd never truly know...

Despite, to the knowledge of Rose Knights of Beauty, being the oldest of their members she was a mystery to them. She kept her cards close to her chest, yet Argenti hoped silently she'd slip and reveal her hand. He longed to know what she hid, what she knew that no one else did.

"You know, with the way you speak, I'd assume you knew her personally." He teased, causing Ei to roll her eyes.

"What's next? Are you going to start claiming I'm Idrila reincarnated or something?" She teased. Argenti seemed taken back by the suggestion.

"Oh, Aeon's no. Perhaps you e let the jokes of you rivaling Idrila's beauty go to your head." He replied. Though Ei playfully shoved him in fux offense she was keenly aware the truth.

With each word her lips spoke, her web of lies grew. Though she'd never let that show. No, she couldn't... what would he and the other rose knights think then? The idea that Idrila hid herself among them all these years. That she faked her own disappearance solely to hide from the responsibility and paranoia that came with the title of Aeon. Who'd want to follow an Aron who rather cower and hide than actually stay seated among the gods?

So she'd lie till she couldn't any longer, lie till the universe eventually collapsed in on itself if she could help it. Idrila was gone, and that's how she wished for it to remain till the end of time itself.