~| Reiner Braun x Reader |~

Modern AU

"Sorry Reiner. I already have a date for Prom.." Y/N muttered quietly. "I hope you can find someone else to go with."

Y/N L/N. The prettiest girl in all of Shingeki High School, rejecting Reiner Braun, the most popular boy in Shingeki High School. Girls would faint just at the sight of Reiner in the hallway whilst boys would stare in awe at Y/N skipping along the pathway. The two would seem like a power couple if put together but behind the looks and fame, there was a layer no one thought about.

Annie stood nervously beside Bertolt and the other sports players, who stood behind Reiner. He put down his sign reading out 'Will you go to Prom with Me?' As he stared down at the shorter girl.

"What do you mean you have a date? Who the hell is he?" Reiner asked.

"It's Jean. Y'know from our old school?" Y/N asked as she nervously looked at the people behind him, wanting to leave. "We have been dating for a few months now.."

"Why didn't you tell me? No, drop that loser Y/N. Trust me, it'll do you good. You and I can go shopping for your dress if you want! We'll get photos together and-" Reiner began to rant.

"I-I'm not going to drop my boyfriend. What wrong with you? I just said that I can't go with and I hope you find someone else to go with." Y/N scolded as she took a few steps back.

"Oi Reiner! Don't tell me you're going to let her reject you like that?" One of his friends teased.

"Shut up Porco!" Annie whisper-yelled as she nudged him.

Y/N quickly turned around and looked at Ymir and Krista who were also uncomfortable. They had to meet up with the rest of the group so they quickly left the arguing group. Reaching the Cafeteria, Y/N sat next to her boyfriend and her best friend, Sasha.

"Hey babe!" Jean said as he wrapped and arm around her waist, bringing her in closer. "What took you so long?"

"Oh just another guy asking me to Prom.." Y/N muttered, trying to change the topic.

"How many guys is that now? 9 or 10..?" Sasha asked teasingly.

"Haha very funny Sasha." Jean said as he turned back to Y/N. "I think those guys don't understand how much I love you Y/N. Don't worry about it though! I'll save you if any of 'em think of touching you!"

Krista awkwardly looked at the couple before turning to Ymir who was much braver to speak about certain topics.

"Reiner asked her out." Ymir bluntly said, gaining everyone's attention.

"Ymir!" Y/N and Krista yelled.

"R-Reiner?!" Marco spluttered out. "What happened then? Are you all okay?"

The rest of the conversation was awkward as Y/N explained the situation she had to face and how she explained how she told Reiner she was in a relationship with Jean and was unable to go with him.

"Good luck fighting him, Jean!" Connie said as he bit into his sandwich.

"Shut it Caillou!" Jean grumbled before looking at Y/N. "Why didn't you want to tell me?"

"I didn't want you to think about it.. you're already mad about Reiner and his friends' behaviour towards this group." Y/N explained.

"It's okay Y/N, as long as we are all together I don't think Reiners going to harm our friend group." Krista explained.

"Let's change the topic now and talk about how amazing I'm going to look at Prom!" Jean joked, trying to change the subject.

"You'll look as good as any other horse in a suit!" Sasha said as the table erupted with laughter.