A New Beginning

Antonio was a simple boy who just finished tenth grade. He and his mom had moved
cities, and now he was going to study in the country's most prestigious and expensive high school. He was tall, had brown hair, green eyes, and a pretty face. He was a good student and was shy and introverted. He mostly kept to himself and didn't have a lot of friends.

His mom had just got divorced with his dad, so things were hard for him. Before their divorce, he had to go through a lot, like constantly having to hear his parents fighting, or having his dad constantly bring other women home. The worst of it all- his dad used to abuse his mom. He would always hide in his room and pretend he didn't hear anything. As he grew up, his father subjected him to physical and verbal abuse as well. His mom would try to protect him, often failing to, as she would be mercilessly beaten up as well. Antonio would shiver whenever he would remember all the things his father did to them.

He and his mom reached their new house. It was smaller than the one they used to live in. But, it was pretty good. He and his mom slowly set up the house together, and before long, it felt like home. His mom went to her room to take some rest. Antonio went into her room and stared at his mom sleeping. He caressed her face gently and thought about how strong she was for putting up
with everything. He felt guilty about not being able to protect her.

His father was a very rich man, he was a businessman. He owned several companies
and was known for his ruthlessness in the business world. He never showed any
interest in Antonio and his mom. He only cared about his own success. Antonio had an elder brother, but he was in college. He was four years older than him. They shared the same father, but his mother mysteriously died, so his father remarried Antonio's mother, and soon after they had Antonio.

Antonio's elder brother would mistreat him all the time, and was also very rude
to his mother. He would always blame Antonio for their mother's death, claiming
that she died because of him. This made Antonio feel even worse, and he would
often cry himself to sleep at night. Despite all this, he still loved his brother, but he didn't know how to show it.

Antonio's mother slowly got up, and smiled. "Tony, dear, what would you like to
have for dinner?" Antonio burst into tears and tightly hugged his mom. His mom hugged him back, surprised by his reaction. "Honey, what's wrong?" she asked softly, wiping his tears away with her thumbs. Antonio took a deep breath and finally managed to say between sobs, "I don't know, Mom. I just feel like I'm not good enough for anything. I wish I could make things better for us."

She pulled back to look at him, her eyes filled with love and understanding.
"Oh, Antonio," she sighed, "You are my entire world. You're smart and kind, and you've been through so much already. You don't have to carry all that weight on your shoulders." They sat there for a while, holding each other, until his mom suggested they go out for dinner to celebrate the start of a new chapter in his life. Antonio nodded, feeling a little bit better.

The next morning, Antonio woke up with the sound of his mom waking him up. "Time
to get up, sleepyhead. You've got your first day of school today!" she said, giving him a gentle nudge. He sat up slowly, still feeling a little groggy from the sleep.Antonio did his morning routine and took a shower. He put on his new uniform, and had his breakfast. His mom drove him to school.

When they reached, his mom hugged him and kissed his forehead. "Tony, I'm really proud of you. You'll do great here. Just be yourself, okay?" she said, trying to reassure him. He smiled back, a few tears escaping his eyes. "Okay, mom." He tightly hugged his mom. "I'll miss you mom." She laughed and patted his back. "Oh, stop it. You're going to make me cry." He nodded and let go. "Have a good day, honey." They waved to each other as he went to his new school.

He stepped inside his new school, and the halls were large. His new school was
also a huge, posh, private school, but this one was even bigger. He went to the reception where he got his schedule and some important circulars and forms to be filled. After that, he went for his first class of the day. It was physics. He loved physics as it was his favorite subject. The classroom was huge and air-conditioned. There were rows of desks arranged in a semicircle.

The teacher, a middle-aged man with a salt-and-pepper beard, was writing something on the board. Antonio sat at his desk at the back, looking around. There were a few other students in the class, all of them looking around nervously. He couldn't help but feel a little nervous himself.

The teacher finally turned around and introduced himself. "Hello, students. My name is Mr. Harris, and I'll be your Physics teacher this year. I hope you're all excited to learn. Now we have six new students this year, why don't the six of you begin by introducing ourselves? Please stand up and say your name, and a little something about yourself."

The students started giving their introductions, but when it was Antonio's turn,
he hesitated. He took a deep breath and slowly stood up. "Um- my-uh-my name is-"
he stuttered. Mr. Harris walked towards him and patted his shoulder. "It's okay,
just take your time," he said reassuringly. Antonio took another deep breath and
continued. "My name is Antonio. I-I'm new here, and-and I-I lo-love physics. Um-so-so, yeah."

There was a slight pause before he finished. A few students snickered, making him feel self-conscious. The introductions were finished, and Mr. Harris was about to start the lesson when the door opened.

A tall, handsome boy walked in. He had silky black curly hair, the most beautiful eyes, a defined jawline, and the most beautiful smile. "Sorry I'm late. Was caught up in a meeting for the football matches."

Mr. Harris smiled. "No problem, Tristyn. We were just getting started. Have a seat."