𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰. . .

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐰𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰. . . !
— a my hero academia one shot ! ✧ ೃ༄
©cherriswft — 2024

◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

pairings :: bakugou katsuki x midoriya izuku
platonic or romantic? :: platonic
warnings :: angst , implied su***de , swearing , mild violence.
summary ::
— a few months it has been since bakugou katsuki lost his number one fan to the turmoil of death. guilt is a terrible thing , especially when he knew he was part of it. what bakugou katsuki wanted now, was for his best friend to return.

── - ˏˋღ ˊˎ - ──

"so, tell me when you're gonna let me in
i'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin."
— keane.

── - ˏˋღ ˊˎ - ──

IF YOU ASKED bakugou katsuki what he wanted the most in middle school, he would've most likely declared, quite arrogantly, that he was going to be the next number one. he would become the next top hero with or without a foolish thing known as a wish. if you asked him what he wanted most in the present day?

to turn back time.

to turn back time to the day it happened.

it had begun as any ordinary school days would have yet it was one that ended with a plethora of guilt. guilt placed atop katsuki's shoulders. something akin to the story of the titan atlas and his misendeavours. what had started out as a day of laughter and typical school-kid talk ended in a day overshadowed in melancholic despair.

now, barely five months later, every passing day at aldera middle served as an uncomfortable, nauseating reminder of that day. it became an institute dominated by sorrow, a constant echo of what bakugou katsuki had lost.

five months ago, everything was perfect. flawless, even. two months later? everything within katsuki's personal walls came crumbling down.

aldera middle swiftly became a place that constantly, and grimly, reminded katsuki, albeit indirectly, that he had lost his number one fan. his most cherished follower. his best friend.

not that he would've admitted that five months ago anyway.

after that day, bakugou katuski lost midoriya izuku. not metaphorically, not rhetorically nor poetically literally. it was literally that he had lost his best friend.