1~ Lovesick

(https://youtu.be/xnf9c6wyxRw?si=9jOE7yIggM_szBe3 Song, Wet- dazey and the scouts)

The group of men collapse onto the sofa with a large sigh, finally laying back after pretty eventful past few days. Edd watches as Ringo climbs into his lap, smiling softly as he moves a hand to gently scratch the cat's head. Ringo purred contentedly, closing her eyes as she enjoyed the warm and gentle petting from Edd's hand. He lets out a small chuckle as he listens to the sound of Ringo purring, her head leaning into his hand. Edd looks to the sides of him, talking to his friends.

"What now?" He asks

Tom shrugs "Probably just going to sit and chill for a little" He replied kicking his legs up on the coffee table and lying back into the sofa.

Edd nods and grabs the TV remote, turning on the TV and scrolling through the channels until he found one that was playing The Children. As the show started, Edd settled down with Ringo still in his lap, petting the cat softly while watching the screen. He glanced over at Tom from time to time, occasionally sharing a smile or a laugh with him as Matt laughs with them, pretending to understand the jokes. Tom yawned. stretching his arms above his head before resting them behind his head on the sofa "Man, I'm tired. What did we do again?" He asked with a chuckle, remembering all the craziness they've been through lately "Quite a lot, these past few days have been..." Edd pauses, thinking of the right words for it. "...Chaotic" Ringo purred in Edd's lap, seeming to sense a slight sadness but also contentment in his words. "Yeah, it has been," Tom agreed, glancing over at Edd "But we made it through, and now we can relax and enjoy some downtime," Edd nods, looking down at Ringo with a soft smile as he pets her, feeling the soft fur between his fingers. "Yeah.." He lets out a small chuckle as he reminisces. There is a short silence, the only sound that could be heard is the sound of the TV playing in the background and Ringo's gentle purring. Edd gets a little bored of the show playing and switches the channel, a news channel catching his eye. Usually he'd prefer to watch cartoons but he was in the mood for some drama- other than his own. He just ended up being reminded.

On the screen showed pieces of red, scrap metal scattered everywhere on top of a hill. The green-hoodied man felt his heart sink.. It was Tord.

Matt points at the TV, muttering about Tord.

Tom scoffs and rolls his eyes "He had it coming,"

Edd could feel a scratchy feeling in the back of his throat, he coughed and got up. Tom looks up at the man "You okay, Edd?" He asks as he observes Edd's face. Edd nods "Just feeling a little sick, I'll be back in a second," He responds before dragging himself to the bathroom, letting out a few coughs on the way. He hung his head over the toilet bowl as he starts to cough repeatedly. He watches as a singular, yellow tulip petal, along side some blood, falls delicately from his mouth and seemingly dyes the water red with his blood. Edd stood up. He took his phone out and googled his symptoms, knowing that, obviously, puking flowers -and blood- isn't normal. The search results came up as hanuhaki. His eyes go wide, he didn't believe it at first but remembered stories of how dangerous this disease is. Edd swallowed hard, feeling a lump form in his throat. Flushing the toilet chain, he watches as the water drags the petal down into the pipes. He took a deep, shaky breath as he knows damn well who the one causing this is... but he's done with him now, isn't he? He hates his guts, he betrayed his friends, betrayed him... All love for that selfish man should be gone, shouldn't it? He was a traitor, breaking up with him then blowing up his house and taking off like it was nothing! And now to think that he could possibly be the death of him, it's infuriating. Edd clenched his fists, his breath becoming shaky as he feels himself starting to tear up but no tears fall. He sinks down and curls up on the bathroom floor, holding his head in his hands as he grips his hair tightly. He tries to gaslight himself into believing someone else is the reason but this started from seeing the wreckage on the news, wreckage from his robot. If he still likes such cruel man, does that make him bad too? He knows what he did and he knows how shitty he really is.. He was a manipulative prick, yet, Edd is so hopelessly in love- still. Even after everything. Lovesick, completely lovesick.

Yellow tulips- hopeless love, unrequited affection.

(I got better at writing!!1! (hopefully) also i've liked the whole hanuhaki concept for a while but i only really write about eddsworld and I didn't ship anything at the time but now im a shipper so freedom yay :D)