Chapter 14: How It's Done Fairy Gala

Sometime later, the Fashion Show is underway. All the fairies and the Fairy Queen are watching the festivities.

A Fairy Emcee says, "Next up is Entry 14. This is a group of first-time participants! They call themselves... 'My Retinue and Me'?" What manner of fashion will they wow us with? Let's give them a big hand as they COME ON DOWN."

"My Retinue and Me?" Briar questions.

"Really? That's the best group name you could come up with?" Jamil questions Leona.

"Look, whaddaya want from me? I had to put something down in a hurry, "Leona says.

"Whatever. The name's immaterial, in the end," Kalim says, "All that matters is that we put on our best possible performance."

"We'll give this everything we have so it won't matter if Leona messes up!" Kalim says with a smile.

"Me? Mess up? Who do you think you're talkin' to?" Leona questions.

He then says, "You're both nothing but the proverbial wagon hitched to the star. The star is me, to be clear. Let's go."

"Right, let's go," Briar says.

With that, Briar and her team begin to take the stage, and many of the fairies are impressed.

One fairy says, "I've never seen those fae before. Where do you think they're from?"

"I've never seen makeup like that, either. But it IS a good fit for the windswept theme!" Another fairy says.

Kalim looks at the crowd, "Wow, big crowd out there! Taking it in from the stage, it's kind of imposing."

"Just stay calm and walk down the runway like we practiced," Jamil says.

Another fairy, a Water Fairy says, "What pretty outfits. Ooh, and look at the detail in the embroidery! It's like they've sewn the light of dawn into their clothing!"

A Craftfairy says, "Now I'm curious what kind of show they'll put on."

"The outfits seem well-received," Jamil says.

"Yes. They really love it," Briar says.

Then Leona says, "Guess Crewel acts like a know-it-all for a reason. His fashion sense even goes over well with the fae."

"Okay, now to pump up the hype!" Kalim says, excited, "It's time to show what Instructor Vil's been training us for. Let's do it, Jamil!"

Jamil scoffs, "Hmph. Don't get too carried away, Kalim."

"Come on, let's do it," Briar says.

And soon, the group begins to do the performance Vil showed them.

The Craftfairy says, "Wow, it's like that one's dancing on air! Is he a wind fairy?"

"So far, so good!" Kalim says.

"Now for something bold—going from a windmill to a ninety!" Jamil says.

"He's spinning while barely touching the ground... I've never seen such tempestuous choreography before!" A Fire fairy says.

A Water Fairy says, "This is intense! Let's go get a closer look!"

Meanwhile, The Craftfairy, Macey, and Trinket see Briar and Kalim perform.

Macey happily says, "Ah, that's Kalim's group!"

"You're acquainted?" The Fairy Queen asks.

"Yes, Your Majesty! They're lovely people. Isn't their performance magnificent?" Macey says.

"Oh, yes. It certainly is a spectacle," The Queen says.

"I agree," Trinket says.

Then she says in thought, "Still, they're doing very well, even Leona. Briar and the boys are really doing good with the performance."

Jamil notices, "The queen's turned her attention our way!"

"Okay, one more push!" Kalim says.

Just then, Leona says, "Step aside, boys."

Kalim and Jamil turn to Leona.

"Let me show you how it's done," Leona says.