chapter 3: I'm with you AJ

Milly stood alone in the moonlit streets of Rose Meadows, her heart heavy with sorrow. Tears streamed down her cheeks as she clutched her abdomen protectively, feeling the subtle flutter of life within her. She whispered softly to the tiny being growing inside her, promising to keep them safe no matter what.

Ashton Jackson, known to many as AJ, was the formidable leader of a notorious gang that ruled the shadows of the city. Despite his rough exterior, Milly knew him as the tender-hearted man who had stolen her heart. But as the clock struck midnight, the inevitable call of duty pulled him away once again, leaving Milly behind with nothing but memories and the looming uncertainty of his return.

"Milly, darling, please don't cry," AJ pleaded, his voice tinged with regret as he brushed away her tears with gentle fingertips. "You know I have to go. It's not safe for you here."

"But AJ, I can't bear to be without you," Milly sobbed, her voice choked with emotion. "What if something happens to you out there? What if..."

AJ pulled her into his arms, holding her tightly against his chest as if he could shield her from the dangers of their world. "I promise I'll come back to you, Milly. I swear on my life," he vowed, pressing a tender kiss to her forehead.

With a heavy heart, AJ tore himself away from Milly's embrace and disappeared into the darkness, leaving her alone in the cold embrace of the night. Milly collapsed to her knees, overcome with grief and fear for the man she loved.

But just as despair threatened to consume her, Milly felt herself lifted into the air, cradled by an unseen force. Blinking through her tears, she found herself standing on a fluffy cloud, surrounded by ethereal mist.

Confusion clouded her mind as she spotted an umbrella lying nearby. Without hesitation, she reached for it, gripping the handle tightly as the cloud began to descend. Down, down, down they went until Milly's feet touched solid ground once more.

As she wandered through the unfamiliar alleyways, a peculiar sight caught her eye: a black heart, suspended in mid-air, pulsating with an otherworldly glow. Instinctively, Milly reached out and grasped the heart, feeling its warmth seep into her bones.

Before she could comprehend what was happening, the heart whisked her away, transporting her to a scene straight out of a nightmare. AJ stood before her, his back turned as a group of menacing figures surrounded him. Milly's heart pounded in her chest as she watched in horror.

Without a second thought, she raced towards AJ, throwing herself into his arms just as a flash of steel glinted in the darkness. Pain exploded in her chest as she felt the sharp sting of a blade, but all she could focus on was the warmth of AJ's embrace.

"Milly, no!" AJ's anguished cry echoed in her ears as he cradled her close, his tears mingling with her own. "Please, don't leave me. I can't live without you."

With her final breath, Milly whispered those three little words that held the weight of a lifetime's worth of love. "I love you," she murmured, her voice barely a whisper as darkness threatened to claim her.

But just as she began to slip away, something miraculous happened. A surge of energy coursed through her veins, pushing back the darkness and filling her with newfound strength. With a gasp, Milly opened her eyes to find herself lying in AJ's arms, alive and well.

AJ's relief was palpable as he held her close, his hands trembling with emotion. "Milly, you're alive," he breathed, pressing kisses to her forehead, her cheeks, her lips.

And in that moment, surrounded by the wreckage of their past and the uncertainty of their future, Milly knew that their love was stronger than anything the world could throw at them.

Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months as Milly and AJ built a life together, their love growing stronger with each passing day. But as fate would have it, duty called once again, pulling AJ away on yet another dangerous mission.

"I'll be back before you know it, Milly," AJ promised, his hand resting tenderly on her swollen belly. "Our little one will know their father's love, I swear it."

Milly smiled through her tears, her heart overflowing with love for the man who had captured her heart in the midst of chaos. "I'll be waiting for you," she whispered, pressing a kiss to his lips, to their unborn child.

Tbc...