2 - CHARMING

CARMEN BLAKE'S POV

I walked over to the table the director, Dumbledore I believe his name is, pointed me to and noticed how wide the boys's smiles were and the way they shook each other's hands as if they had made a bet when I got closer

Had they never seen a girl before? Jesus.

I took a deep breath in before smiling back at the girls only. One of them stood out more than the others ; she looked sweeter, well more welcoming with that smile implanted on her face and those beautiful strands of curly hair falling on her face.

Taking a seat next to the curly head, I noticed she was sitting with two gingers that I assume were siblings and a boy with glasses and a scar on his face that looked like a... lightning bolt?

Before that boy could even open his mouth, I questioned him: " What's that scar on your face? "

He looked around him before getting chuckles from his surrounding and looking back at me with an amused expression on his face.

I turned my head over to look at the brunette girl with confusion plastered all over her face as she slightly chuckled before rolling her eyes.

It's as if they were laughing at me and I wasn't one to let that slide " What's so funny? " I coldly asked, breaking down the chuckles into a loud silence.

The boy with glasses almost looked shocked at my seriousness and his ginger friend, sitting besides him, broke a smile before speaking " I promise you we weren't laughing at you, it's just that we're pretty surprised you don't know who he is " He stated, trying to make a point ; his nervousness was painfully apparent behind that smile.

" Right " I paused, nodded, still serious. " Well, I guess news don't get to Beauxbaton's "prestigious" academy of magic "

The curly haired girl to my left chuckled while the two boys smiled at my sarcasm. I could tell that girl and I were definitely going to be good friends.

The boy with glasses held out his hand for me to shake it " It's Harry. Harry Potter. " he spoke confidently, as if there was something special to his name. As I shook his hand, I paused and took an instant to think about what he had just said.

" Wait, what did you say? " I asked him, curiosity slowly growing in me. His smile grew wider before replying " You heard me right. I'm Harry Potter or "the boy who survived" as they like to call me. "

My eyes grew wide as I now understood who I was sitting in front. Harry. Potter.

The girl sat next to me rolled her eyes " Yeah yeah, we get it Harry, but aren't you going to introduce us, your best friends, to this girl? " She questioned, I could sense in her tone that she was almost offended by his selfishness.

" Oh right! " He paused before speaking again " The girl sitting next to you is Hermione Granger, she's a big bookworm but you'll learn to love her, she's adorable. " The girl, whom I now know the name of, slightly blushed at his remark and made the ginger guy roll his eyes.

Well, I sense some romantic competition between these two boys and that girl. A love triangle, is it? Oh god no. That would mean these boys are gay, no?

" That Irish looking boy next to me is Ronald Weasley, but call him Ron so he doesn't feel like he's being yelled at. " He chuckled as the so-called "Ron" pushed him playfully.

I exchanged a smile to him before turning my attention back to Harry. " That quiet girl next to me is Ginny. " He spoke, patting her back quickly. " She's a little shy at first, but I promise you she's a real rockstar, you'll love her " He stated as the girl chuckled.

She raised her head to look at me in the eyes " And what's your name? " She questioned me. I smiled at Ginny before answering her " I'm Carmen. Carmen Blake. "

The two boys faced each other to nod in... approval?

" That's a pretty name you have. I've read somewhere that your name means charm, I like that. " Hermione stated as she smiled.

" I do think I'm charming " I joked, making the four around me chuckle as well.

The rest of the day went pretty smoothly I guess. I did get lost multiple times in this giant castle compared to my old school ; Obviously, it was excused by my professors since it was my first day here and I didn't get a proper visit of the whole castle.

Though, I was shown the Gryffindor part pretty well and that includes my room. I met my roommate whose name is Katie Bell if I remember it correctly?
Only thing I can clearly remember is that baby face of hers and even that baby attitude. I mean cheerful attitude.

As I walked into my dorm after a long first day of class, I was greeted by a very enthusiastic Katie laying on my bed with a wide smile on her face.

" Roommate!! " she almost yelled as she ran towards me.

" Hey! " I replied, faking my enthusiasm since I was not in the mood to deal with a sad Katie.

She came closer to hug me and I stepped back " Sorry I like you Katie but I'm not the physical type, don't take it personally " I retorted with a light empathetic smile on my face.

The girl smiled at me as she also stepped back, leaving me in my own bubble. " That's okay! " she replied. She seemed to be okay with anything but wait until she finds out about how messy of a roommate I am. Won't be the same cheerful Katie.

Before I could open my mouth to talk about that, she spoke: " I hope you won't be mad at me, I unpacked your stuff and placed it into your drawers. I like to be organized that's all! " She cheerfully justified myself.

Well, I wasn't particularly mad at her and I mean, I have to grow fond of her if I'll be living with her for a full year so, whatever makes her happy really.

I smiled at the girl before answering : " I'm fine with that Katie, whatever makes you happy "

She smiled even wider, getting closer to pull me into a hug before remembering what I had told her and stepping back quickly. " No hugs. Right. " She almost spoke like she was in the military. It was funny to hear, really.

" You learn quickly. " I retorted back, chuckling.

⟡ ⋆ ౨ৎ ˚˖ ࣪

A/N
i wanna update my other stories but wattpad's on my ass and does NOT let me upload pictures to my chapters i'm going insane😓😓