chapter 1

Pomni = hi

Jax = hi

Gangle = hi

Kinger = hi

Zooble = hi

Cain = hi

Ragatha = hi

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pomni, a red and blue-coloured jester, had gotten somewhat used to this whacky circus although having multiple recent panic sessions and had been in the circus for 5 months.

Once the group had prepared and got on with the theme song it was time for the supposedly worst part of the day.

The daily activity. They absolutely dreaded this(sometimes). This time, the activity was parkour, with weird-looking objects to jump over and obstacles to duck under. To make it more competitive, the loser had to find 1 missing gloink, which no one wanted to do because they were always so mischievously good at running away and hiding. But hey rules are rules. The winner got to pick what they had for dessert.

Everyone was teleported to a bright and colorful place that also seemed a tad bit nostalgic based on the design choice. There were hot pink floating blocks you had to jump on to avoid the...nothingness below, zip lines you had to hang onto for dear life which led to how far the group could see.

"ARE YOU READY FOR THE SPECTACULAR PRACTICAL PARKOUR?!" hollered Cain enthusiastically. A bit too enthusiastically.

"No..." cried Gangle. Literally.
"Please don't, I really do NOT have the energy", complained Zooble.
Jax just smirked and said, "Yeah but I kinda want that dessert."

"THAT'S THE SPIRIT, JAX! AND TO BE HONEST, I WON'T GIVE YOU A CHOICE SO ON WE GO"
Everyone just groaned or rolled their eyes.
"STARTING IN 3...2...1...Go!!"
A horn blew loudly and everyone took that as a hint to get going.

Jax was in the lead, Ragatha coming second right behind him, Pomni surprisingly coming up closely, Kinger and Gangle worriedly trying to get past each other with Zooble,...already broken apart by tripping over.

The pink blocks and the zipline part were awfully easy, but now there was a harder challenge. A 10-meter unstable balance beam, way below, exactly 40 meters, was a pool of green water. Another way beside it, was a wet worn-out rope that you could swing on and just pray that the momentum would take you across.

Jax had gone first and Ragatha was close beside him. They both had bigger feet(if they counted as feet) and longer legs so it was easier to make big steps to make progress. Pomni and Gangle were now last, not wanting to cross above the tremendous height.
Kinger surprisingly started but was taking the rope path, taking a head start and running, waving his hands around crazily. He jumped. He screamed.

...And had missed the rope by an unreasonable distance, which sent him plunging into water head-first.

Pomni had clutched onto the balance beam and hoped for the best, unwillingly then making it while Gangle hadn't moved and just gave up.

"Ha! Looks like I've got an easy win!" cackled Jax as the end of the parkour was just ahead.

"Nope!" Ragatha ran past him and smiled.

The next part of the parkour was spinning blue wheels, about 5 of them, which they had to successfully jump on to get to the big leap of faith:
A bar, they had to jump and get a hold of to keep themselves up and swing with their arm strength to land back on safe ground and win!

Hopefully.

...

...

Back with Kinger, who had been waiting to get teleported back into the circus, sat in the green water which was very shallow.

Suddenly, he saw glitching around him, the water becoming distorted and dark. So not pleasant!!

"W-What is this!?" He wailed, getting up and hesitantly looking at the now glitching hands seeping through the water and trying to claw their way out. He swore he saw some unfamiliar binary code...

They disappeared. So sudden though...he HAD to tell Cain about that later.

...

...

...