Chp 1: Persuit

Y/N POV

   I looked around in the virtual world, an exact virtual replica of my home world, Harmony. I looked down to myself and saw a pilot uniform and jump kit, the same as Captain Lastimosa, my mentor and an experienced titan pilot had. 

This is so fucking cool!

Lastimosa: Cooper, can you hear me?

Y/N: Yeah, I'm here.  

Lastimosa: Good. Now that you've completed the gauntlet, it's time to take you to the next step. Call in a titan.

   I felt a smile shoot across my face as he said this. I've spent so many hours on the simulators and finally the time has come to train on what pilots do. Pilot titans. My vision flashed and I reappeared in an open field. Infront of me stood Lastimosa and his titan, BT. 

Lastimosa: That's my partner, BT. He's a vanguard class. Homegrown Militia technology. The first titan chassis we didn't steal from the IMC. 

I pressed a button on my suit and a notification appeared on my HUD which said 'Standby for titanfall'. I felt jolly when I saw my titan coming down from the sky but before it landed, my vision glitched and the simulation went black.

Lastimosa: Looks like shit just hit the fan, rifleman. Hold on, I'm pulling you out.

   My vision returned and I could see the pod decompressing as the green LEDs began to dim. I flipped the release handle infront of me and the pod began to open.

Lastimosa: Heads up- They're killing us. Trying to anyway. Good session in their, we'll make a pilot out of you yet, rifleman. 

      Another pilot ran up and looked at Lastimosa. I recognized him to be Captain Anderson.

Anderson: Orbital defenses have been discovered! We can't take the heat!

Lastimosa: Not good. We need to-

   The ship jolted as it took a hit and I slammed my head into the side of the pod, blacking out...

Cooper...

....

Cooper!

I felt dizzy and noxious. The front of my head felt like it was full of needles. Through the drowsiness, could tell I was in the sim pod.

Man, I slammed my head really hard, huh?

???: Cooper, get up!

Y/N: W-what?

Lastimosa: We have to get to the bridge! Now!

Y/N: What's going on?!

Lastimosa: Typhons orbital defense systems are still active. They're tearing this ship apart!

We ran through the ships corridors. The walls oozed sparks as the whole ship shook from getting hit by enemy fire. We came to a door and it opened to a hangar bay full of fighters and dropships. We ran across the catwalks and closed in on the bridge, passing by dead bodies of the crew. 

Y/N: What are we even doing?! We should get to our ships! We need to get boots on the ground and hit those guns!

Lastimosa: We did! We've sent a squadron of dropships already and none made it. Best we can do is pull the ship away from orbit and get out of firing range.

We crossed a hallway and came up to a huge door.

Lastimosa: Through here!

We went through a door and were greeted by the bridge with most of the crewmen dead.