1. MIDNIGHT

He walked again and again between the leaves and the dead branches of the wood. The same woods that had engulfed him with the bite of the werewolf, of his now former best friend, where for the first time he had felt at home again; if only I hadn't listened to my father's phone call that night, it kept repeating, But if he did, he wouldn't have known Derek Hale, his uncle, his sister, their story, his cousin, Kira, Lydia, Liam, Mason, and everyone else, yes, he certainly would have spared some deaths, but all the positive things that happened wouldn't have happened.

And still he is immersed in the memories of the fire of Villa Hale, as he walks among the boards, now burned and broken by time, by the memories and the weight they carry. He stops again in front of the same place where he found the photo, moves the earth by checking if the same pendant that was there last time is still there, and it is so, a circle divided into four parts; he searched on the computer, it is called Solar Cross or Cross of Odin, ancient Greek symbol, such as the Triskele or Triskelion, In ancient times the solar cross represented the Sun and was the symbol of power. In ancient China this symbol was associated with thunder, power, energy and respect. In alchemy the solar cross was the symbol of copper-based alloys. In modern astrology it represents the earth. In pagan symbolism, the solar cross represents the four elements : the circle represents the fire, the crossing point of the lines represents the air, the horizontal line represents the water, the whole figure the earth, It was probably Talia's and in order not to lose him he had decided to take it the next time he would return.

Returning home, when the sun was rising, he decided to pass by the cemetery, going this time to the "chapel" dedicated to the Hale family. From the photo he had seen he imagined a serious woman, the mother of Derek and Cora, of those authoritarian and who do what they must for the sake of their son, those as the fortune tellers, that when you have to ask for something they respond to you with sentences that you probably don't immediately understand, the same Laura, the older sister, was probably learning from her mother in those times.

At school since his friends were no longer there to support him or to be close to him, he had become a target on the street, even if he was a senior, he didn't really care, he knew what those people were like, and he was used to it. He always sat in front of class, and he never got distracted, but at lunch he always stood on his own, very often hidden from the looks they gave him, in a few months he was back to being the loser of the second year, before suddenly, became famous thanks to McCall's bite.

The father very often was not at home, he worked a lot and therefore he finds himself even more often staying out in the woods, at the small pond or more than anything else pool, which he had found, he felt good, being there, with the fresh air, and his usual sweatshirt wearing, while he stared at his rock bouncing in the water and the music in his ears. He had lost weight, his desire to laugh had faded, he was not smiling any more, the marks left on his skin were more and more visible, and he becomes paler and paler as the days go by; he just wants someone to be next to them, but shut up, only Derek Hale would be the perfect company in those months.

***

He is lying on the ground, holding a hand on his side, with the bitter taste of blood inside his mouth, he is afraid to open it to see when blood would come out, they went down heavy before, he does not dare to move, he just wants to forget and go home, He is not afraid to die, because he knows that there will be someone waiting for him, but not in that way, he first wants to say goodbye to the only person he still loves, his father. He can no longer distinguish much, since his sight is blurred, he only sees someone approaching to pick him up and put him in his car, it seems; the doctor gently once inside the house of the stranger, does not keep his eyes open, because he feels them heavy, but he feels the cotton passing lightly on his wounds and bruises, which he never cared for, and meanwhile he feels the pain diminishing, replaced by relief, relief because finally someone is taking care of him.