✿︎ 𝐈 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐓𝐨 𝐏𝐢𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐬 ✿︎

─┈▨⃟⁕✺⃟ ݆݅༞ ✿°.•ꦿ•.°✿ ݆݅༞✺⃟⁕▨⃟┈─

Mike's POV:

Y/N was my best friend, and we had been so for years. What she didn't know was that I had always had a crush on her, or maybe, it was more like love. I knew I was in love with her since the first time we met.
It was a normal day and Y/N came over to my house to hang out for awhile. We ended up watching a movie in my living room, and she ended up falling asleep. I decided not to wake her until the movie was over.

"Y/N? Wake up." I shook her shoulder, which made her eyes open slowly. Her beautiful Y/E/C eyes looked into mine, and I had to stop my urge to kiss her. Well, it seemed to be too late as I found my lips falling onto hers.
Surprisingly, she fell into the kiss not long after our lips locked. She seemed to be liking it, so I tried to deepen the kiss by sticking my tongue into her mouth, but she pulled away. I watched her hands as they moved her hair from her face, then she stood up.

"I have to go." She said, looking at the ground as I stood up.

"Do you want me to walk you to your-" before I could finish my sentence, she was already out the door. I wanted to go after her, but instead, I walked over to the window and watched her as she got into her car as quickly as possible, driving away into the sunset.
I sighed and threw my wool hat onto the couch, sitting down with a million thoughts running through my head

"Did she like the kiss? Does she feel the same way I do? Why did she seem so nervous? Why did she leave in such a rush? Is she dating someone and I don't know?" I felt like an idiot as I kept thinking or more unlikely things that she could be thinking, but I soon went to bed.
The next day, I talked to Micky, Peter and Davy about my problem. She knew them and loved 'em, so I thought they might know the answer. They told me to be happy, even if she didn't love me back, and to go out with other girls if I wanted to.
I went home feeling low, knowing that they were unfortunately correct. As I sat down and ran my fingers through my hair, the phone rang. I picked it up, expecting it to be one of the guys, but then I heard her voice. That beautiful voice I longed for.

"Hello, Michael." She spoke ever so lightly. I smiled to myself, even though the news was not as I was expecting. "I need you to know that I don't feel the same way about you that you feel about me. I'm sorry, but it's best that we stay friends." She spoke quickly, not even giving me a chance to speak before she hung up.
I was totally heartbroken by her words. She doesn't love me. Great. I have spent the past few months planning out a future that was now impossible. What was there left to do with my life?
I thought about what the others told me. Go out with some other gals and you're ought to fall for 'em. So that's what I did.
I took out a girl named Vicky about a week after Y/N told me she didn't love me. It may have seemed a bit too soon, but I was longing to feel the same way I felt for Y/N for someone else. As Vicky and I sat in the bar, chatting away, I spotted Y/N at one of the tables with some other guy. It obviously broke my heart, until I saw who that guy was. It was the girl lover of all girl lovers, David Thomas Jones. I clenched my fist, feeling immediate hate towards everyone and everything. I thought of their words again, though. She's just a friend. But why Davy? What does Davy have that I don't? Sure, he's more better looking then me. He gets all the girls and can win their hearts faster than anybody, but that isn't the point. I turned my attention back to Vicky and I continued to talk to her about my career and she told me more about herself. It all seemed nice until I looked up and saw Y/N walking across the bar. She walked by and I fell to pieces.
Then, Davy comes over and sits next to me.

"Hey, mate. Y/N is really something, am I right?"
I felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. This was just amazing, wasn't it? I looked down at my beer and fiddled around with my hands.

"Mike? Would you like to introduce me to this young man?" Vicky asks me, making me look up at her.

"Uh, yeah. Vick, this is Davy. Davy, this is Vicky." I say, sort of tripping over my words as I was becoming drunk.
They both exchanged handshakes and greetings.

"Hey, Y/N! Over here!" Davy calls out, causing me to panic.
I push my beer to the side and hide my head in my hands as Y/N comes over and talks to Davy and Vicky. I couldn't bare to look at her, or anyone for that matter. Soon enough, I lift my head and noticed they were all gone. I sat there and sighed, swallowing the last drops of my beer before ordering one last drink before leaving for the night.
I walked home feeling depressed, missing Y/N. She was everything to me. I kept telling myself I had to move on, which I eventually did. It took a long while and a lot of healing. She and I hardly ever spoke again, but still remained somewhat of friends. I still miss her, and still, each time she walks by, I fall to pieces.

°.•ꦿ•.°✿

I fall to pieces
Each time I see you again
I fall to pieces
How can I be just a friend
You want me to act
Like we've never kissed
You want me to forget
Pretend we never met
And I've tried
And I've tried
But I haven't yet
You walk by and I fall to pieces
I fall to pieces
Each time someone speaks your name
I fall to pieces
Time only adds to the flame
My friends tell me find
Someone new to love
Someone who'll love me too
The way you used to do
But each time I go out
With someone new
You walk by and I fall to pieces

✿°.•ꦿ•.°✿

A/N: Hope you enjoyed this one. Sorry most of my imagines seem depressing but I promise I will write happier ones soon. ✌🏻🤎