ᶜʰᵃᵖᵗᵉʳ ¹

Once upon a time

Once upon a time...

There was a girl named Hanako Tanahaki, she was from Japan but later moved to America with her family and some friends, they all had quirks and eventually populated 20% of Americans with quirks. The quirkless people of America didn't respond positively to this news, they started treating people with quirks horribly, assault, harassment, arson. Now, parents hide the existence of quirks from their children as long as they can, they tell the kids that any news from Japan that shows quirks, is just a random TV show. People with quirks have learned how to hide their unique abilities and have started underground societies to help the quirked, the societies actually living underground with the quirkless going up to grab all the materials needed. Japan doesn't that this is happening, no other countries know.

Present day...

A girl with shoulder length strawberry blonde hair is seen taping up a box, packing up her stuff. The box had 'ᖇᑘᗷᖻ'S Sᖶᑘᖴᖴ :P' written in neon pink marker. A knock was heard on the girl's door, the door was seen with marks on it, showing that stuff had been pulled off of it, signs, stickers, etc., the girl turned her head to the door, seeing her older sibling, Kasen. "You ready to go yet, squirt?" Kasen asked, a tiny smirk seen on their face, Ruby nodded though still sad, she grabbed the box and gazed back at her empty room and started walking to the front door with Kasen, seeing her other sibling Alex waiting by the car, Ruby put her stuff in the back of the moving truck. When she looked back at her family, she was Kasen telling the moving guy where to go and Alex looking at her with a soft smile on their face, she walked over to Alex. "Hey" Ruby said to Alex, Alex pulling them into a side hug, still smiling. Kasen walked over "The guy is going to drive over to the airport and ship our stuff to the new house and we're gonna get some snacks then head to the airport, okay?" Kasen spoke, pulling out the keys to the car, Alex getting into the passengers seat and Ruby climbing into the back, them all having backpacks in the trunk.

Ruby's POV

I looked out the window of the car, I was gonna miss this place but we needed to move to a place where we could be safe, having quirks in a discriminating place like this isn't safe, we're traveling from (Town's name) to Austin so a couple of hours, we arrived at the gas station, Kasen told us to go inside and grab the stuff we wanted while they filled up the gas, and that they'll catch up with us.

3rd person POV

While Alex and Ruby went to the gas station, Kasen stayed outside filling up the gas. Inside Ruby and Alex made it look like they robbing the place, they were grabbing a lot. Every chip and candy they liked was in the basket they had grabbed, they were putting some of the stuff they knew Kasen liked in the cart too. Then Ruby made a face, a face of shock "Wait, don't airports throw away any food that isn't from the airport?" At those words, they started putting away stuff that they couldn't eat during the car ride. When Kasen walked in, they grabbed a couple of light snacks then headed over to Ruby and Alex who were waiting for them. They all got in line and bought all they needed before heading back to the car and getting back on the road and driving again.

Ruby's POV

I grabbed my earbuds and placed them in my ears, I shuffled my favorites and they started playing Thurs 6-25 by SALES, I went on my IPad and started drawing, eating a couple snacks of mine and taking a couple drinks of my Coca-Cola. When we got to the airport, we discarded all leftover food and drink, besides reusable water bottles and walked into the airport. When we were allowed past, we went to a couple stores so we could grab some stuff, snacks, drinks, gum. When we boarded the plane, we put our stuff under our seats and sat down, I got the window seat, Alex got the middle seat and Kasen got the aisle seat.

A couple of hours later, still Ruby's POV

We got off the plane, tired and holding our bags. We took a bus to our new house, our stuff was in the house and three keys were under the mat, we all grabbed one key and walked in, grabbing our boxes and heading to our claimed rooms. All of our furniture was in our rooms, I walked into mine and started unpacking all of my boxes. I started with my bed stuff, grabbing the sheets and blankets and putting them on the bed then throwing my stuffed animals on it, I started working on my LEDs, putting them on the ceiling. I started decorating the rest of my stuff and when I finished with all that, I started to work on less important stuff like decorating my door, I grabbed a couple of stickers and put them on it. I grabbed a sign that Ruby's Room and put it on my door then grabbed a sign that Fuck Off and put it on as well. I then grabbed my paints and painted a couple of flowers on my door then started pinning some drawings and random papers on my walls. I moved onto my TV next, using my quirk to levitate it on to my dresser then used some random ass magic to connect my TV to the Wi-fi. I went into the kitchen to grab a snack before realizing we had nothing, I quickly summoned my crystal babies, they were mini me's made completely out of crystal but they were all made of a different crystal, Amethyst and Emerald started to work on the kitchen, Topaz and Pearl started to work on the living room, and Garnet and Opal started working on the dining room. I texted Kasen and Alex that I'm going to the store to get some food, I turned my phone off, grabbed some money and my purse, then headed out. I grabbed some pizzas, chicken strips and mozzarella sticks, then grabbed some chips and drinks then checked out and started walking home, scrolling on my phone.

Then someone bumped into me

1095 words