I accidentally kill a pirate hunter

Look I didn't want this to be life or at least my  life.

My name is Jonathan Cooper, well that was my name. My real name is Atlas Jones, I was a kid who was really bad at everything possible. Bad grades, getting expelled, or just trying to be a good kid in general and before anything happens I advise you close the book now if anything seems off about your life after reading just one chapter they might be after you or don't. Your decision.

Chapter 1. I accidentally kill a pirate hunter
It was a Friday afternoon I was at the boarding school my parents sent me to playing Pirate Legends with my friend Theo in our dorm. It was one of our favorite card games to play during free time when we didn't have so much work to do. Theo put down a card and spoke in a confident tone "The kraken takes away 100  of your health, meaning you are defeated" I looked at him dumbfounded and shocked over the fact he has a rare card and that he took away all my remaining health. "Damn it, how'd you even get that card?" I voice clearly confused. "Oh I ju-" The bell rung it was time for class, we both cleaned up and put our decks away. We both walked out the dorm and started walking to class. Once we part ways and went to class my teacher handed me a worksheet on my way in. I  sat down and looked at the paper the title of the paper said 'Pirates: people who raided the seas project' oh sorry reader forgot to mention this is history class and I'm in the 7th grade learning about useless shit, anyways after about 3 minutes class started and the teacher went infront of the entire class to speak, "Hello class I will be your new teacher Mr.Smith after y'all made your last one quit. For today's lesson we will start off by learning about pirates, not that it's gonna help you in life I just have to teach it" As the teacher went on for hours and I had to take notes which was a pain in my ass.

Two hours of blabbering from my teacher class was finally over and it was lunch time, I went and grabbed my food and sat down. A few minutes later Theo sat next to me and decided to speak, "So how was class?" Theo said grasping his sandwich. "Boring per usual" I responded tiredly.

"Come on it couldn't been that boring"
"Well it was and I hated every second of it"
"Damn, well today my teacher just let us have a free day"
"Lucky, I had to write alot of notes. My hand hurts"

We sat and ate our lunch until it was over which was roughly about 30 minutes after that we went back to our dorms to skip class but we were caught by a teacher. We didn't know who she was but she gestured to us to follow her, so we did. We were led to what I was assuming was the classroom she taught in. "So are you boys gonna tell me what you were doing outside of class without a pass?" She said in a tiredly. It sounded like she hadn't gotten any sleep at all for a while. Me and Theo looked at eachother and both just looked back at the teacher not wanting to say anything. The teacher said heavily then pulled out two pieces of paper and gave us detention slips, "you will be going in Mr. West room for detention". We took the papers and walked to class and got the day over with. We went over to Mr.West office and saw him and cleared my throat to speak, "Hello Mr.West we were sent here to stay for detention" He looked up at us like he wasnt surprised another pair of students came for getting in trouble. "Let me guess, y'all were skipping class?" He assumed. I nodded and he started speaking in a bit of a sadistic tone "Well I've been waiting for you, please take a seat in the front row boy's"

We both sat down and he got up and locked the door. I gave Theo a confused look wondering why was it nessacary to lock it in the first place. He sat back down and looked straight at me "So what is your name boy?" He looked like he had an evil glare in his eyes it was subtle but still noticeable. "My name is Jonathan sir"

"Jonathan...nice to meet you" He laughed but it wasn't a normal laugh it was more of a 'wrong person, wrong time' type laugh. "I've searched years for you and I finally found you" Soon he pulled out a gun specially a revolver you'd see in a cowboy movie, and then pointed it at me. "Time for you to die, Atlas Jones" I looked up in fear, he pulled the trigger but Theo grabbed me and pulled me out the way before the bullet could hit me. "WE NEED TO GET THE FUCK OUT NOW!" Theo tried the door but it was locked like before so he decided. Mr.West shot the gun at him but luckily he dodged in time. He then ran and jumped out the window. The window was closed so he broke the glass. Me and Mr.West looked at the window in shock and paused for a solid 6 seconds. Then he aimed the gun back at me in an another temp to kill me but before he could I grabbed a piece of glass and stabbed him in the chest right where his heart was. He dropped to his knees and looked at the stab wound then me. "You little bastarad...YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DIE!" He yelled those final words before dropping dead.

I walked up to his body and took the gun. I thought about it for a second and decided to keep it. I put the gun away and looked at the corpse, I saw a chance to take some money from hin since he's dead. I grabbed his wallet and opened it to take the money out but before I did something caught my eye. The man had a pirate hunter ID. I took look at it and to my surprise his name was Wade West. Which sounded stupid to me. After I took the money I put the wallet down and started to question why he was trying to kill me. He's a pirate hunter and I'm just a student and Atlas Jones? Why would he call me that? Who is that person anyways? I just shrugged it off and went out the same window Theo jumped out of seeing him waiting for me. "So um...I'm glad you're safe and we should probably head to our dorm before we get caught out here" We both walked back to out dorm and decided to talk about what happened and why it happened when it was midnight so we decided to go about our day and wait it out for the night to come