Chapter 3: Trust

(About a month later)
Micah's PoV
I've been staying in the Dawn Pack for a little over a month. They treat me nicely, one of their pack healers is so sweet. She checks up on me often and treats my wound. Issac is trying to gain my trust but I refuse to cooperate. I don't want to be sent back. I don't want to have to continue as I was. I don't want to be mated to that horrible alpha. Why? Why has my life got to be like this?
The door opens and in walks Issac. He's holding something but I don't bother looking at what it is.

"Hello again," He says. I just nod and look away from him. He's nice and I hate being so rude to him. I hear shuffling and he sits next to me but there's a respectful distance between us. "I decided on a different approach today," He says. The past month he's been coming in here twice a day, an hour at a time. Not all the time he speaks. He just sits with me. Other times he tells me about his pack and his family. By the sounds of it his children are little misfits, always causing trouble. "I have a pen and paper here, I figured that if you weren't comfortable talking to me maybe you might be inclined to at least write something," He says, and I look at him again. I see the pen and paper in his hand. He puts it on the floor and slides it towards me. "Maybe you could write your name down. It only has to be your first name if you want. It might be easier communicating if we know your name," He says. I stare at the paper for a couple of minutes. I felt like the longer I stared at it it would burst into flames. Spoiler alert it didn't. I look away from it and proceed to stare at the wall next to me instead.

I hear a sigh and I instantly feel bad. I wish I could tell him everything I really do but I just can't. I hear the door open again and I turn my head to look to see who it was. My eyes widen in shock and I look away quickly. It's the alpha I bumped into and the bonfire. Oh no, I hope he doesn't recognise me. I hear voices which means Issac and the alpha must be conversing. I look back around and look at the pair. Issac seems annoyed as he gets off of the floor. However, I notice that the alpha's eyes are on me. I can feel his eyes burning their way into my soul and I feel uncomfortable but somehow almost comforted by it. We lock eyes and we stare at each other until Issac drags the alpha out of the door and shuts it. I wonder what was wrong.

I drag my gaze to the paper on the floor. Maybe I should at least write my name. It's not like they would do a background check on all the Micah's out there right? Right? I hope they don't. I sigh and pick up the paper and pen. I write my name carefully. My handwriting isn't the most legible thing in the world. So I have to take my time so people can actually read what I'm trying to say. I put the paper on the floor again and look at the wall opposite me. Maybe I should comply a little more. What if they get so frustrated with me not giving them anything they get rid of me? Throw me into the woods to shrivel up and die? They wouldn't do that would they? I hope not.

All of a sudden the sound of the door opening reaches my ears. My head turns quickly to see who it was. The door was slightly open and a girl's head was poking around the side of the door. She has light brown hair and the most beautiful purple eyes. She looks at me nervously. She walks in hesitantly and I give her a soft smile so she knows it's okay. She's so small, I would put her at 5 or 6.

"I shouldn't be here you know," She says. I nod. She walks towards me stopping a few feet away. "I just thought you might want some company. You are always here all alone. She glances at the paper next to me. I push it forward with my hand as though offering it to her. Her eyes sparkle with excitement and she picks up the paper. She squints as she tries to make out the letters. "Mi-cah? Is that right?" She asks. I nod, and her little face lights up with her smile. It takes me all my effort not to melt right there. I think for a moment before making up my mind.

"That's m-my n-name," I manage to say. It felt weird talking again. Her mouth widens a little before resuming its beautiful smile.

"That's a bea- beau-" She struggles to say the word. She struggles a bit before saying, "That's a beauty name," She says it almost sad.