PROLOGUE

𝐇𝐚𝐫𝐩𝐞𝐫 sits down in her seat and pushes her pink carry on bag under the seat, she glances out the window taking one of her last moments in New York, although it wasn't a pretty view and was just the side of the airport, she knew that she was going to miss the city, her favorite shops, her family, and her old home were going to be over a thousand miles away. she was snapped out of her trance when an elderly woman takes the seat next to her.

"Hey!" Harper smiles "I'm Harper, what's your name?" the lady looks at her with a tired expression on her face, clearly she was not in the mood to talk however Harper did not pick up on that. After being raised on the stage, not having many real friends, and always reading off of a script she had some problems with knowing how to pick up on social cues. "So where are you visiting?"

"Miami.." The lady says while giving Harper a questionable look.

"Yup.. That makes sense! Since this is the flight to Miami..!" Harper muttered while cringing at herself, "I'm going to stay with my mom's friend and her family," Harper rambles on "My ma thought it was a good idea after my boyfriend, Steven cheated on me... I kinda had a kinda public breakdown, but who wouldn't? We were together two whole years!" she boasted

"Uh huh" the lady pretended to be paying attention while looking down at her phone.

"Right!? So after that my publicist said I should 'take a break from acting until all the bad attention dies down,' so I had to quit the show I was on..." She recounted the moment she had to sit down with her director and manager and tell them about her moving to Miami and taking a break from acting, the both wished her well, knowing that she wasn't in a good place at that point and it was most likely better she took a temporary step out of the spotlight.

"Harper Harris!?" Down the isle Harper and the lady heard a younger girl shout, "Oh em gee! I cant believe it's you!" Harper smiled awkwardly, she was used to getting noticed in public but when she gets shouted at from across an airplane it didn't really feel like she was taking the break she planned to be taking. Harper was famous but she wouldn't be considered a "celebrity" so although she did have many run ins with fans it has always been younger kids to teens. Harper smiles at the girl and takes a picture with her.

"So, anyways, now I'm going to stay with the Moons, I haven't seen them since I was like ten so that's like.." Harper takes a second to count on her fingers, "..six whole years, at least they have a son my age, we used to best friends as kids.. Actually speaking on him, he just like became this crazy overnight sensation... He's a talented musician, always has been." she says recalling the memories of him and her hanging out during vacations making up silly little songs and dances. As the plane took off Harper continued to explain her whole life story to the poor lady who just had to sit next to her.

"Someone's chatty..." the lady remarked

.             .              .

As Harper steps off the plane she felt the humid Florida air on her skin, although she knew she was going to have a big life change that was the moment it finally occurred to her that she would be starting a new chapter of her life.

595 words