pilot

Brinan Walsh was always one for getting up early. She would get up, brush her teeth, read for a bit, then get ready. Today was no different, except she skipped the reading part. She had to make sure she looked good for her first day of high school in a new town. She wanted nothing more than to make a good impression on the people she met.

It was easy for her to choose an outfit. It was like her brain put together what looked good in an instant. She was in the middle of putting on her shoes when she heard someone knock on her door. She yells for them to come in and she sees her brother, Brandon, walk into her room, plopping down on her bed.

"Bee, I don't wanna go." He says, burying his face in her pillows. She laughs, pulling the pillow out from underneath him. She lies down next to him, letting out a sigh.

"Don't think like that. You have Brenda and I to help you if you need it. Besides, weren't you Mr.Popularity back at home? Just act like him." She says, turning to face him. He lets out a sigh, sitting up.

"Thanks Bee, you always know just what to say. Now, can you help Brenda pick out an outfit? She's annoying the crap outta me." Brinan lets out a few chuckles, patting him on the back as they walk out of the room.

As the siblings made their way to school, they felt out of place. Everyone had the latest hair, clothing, and car. When they parked at school, they looked at the cars next to them and pursed their lips, not knowing how they were going to fit in. They all got out of the car and made their way towards the school. They had their schedules in their hands, sighing.

"You two better look for me at lunch. I don't wanna look like some geek without any friends." Brenda says, looking at her siblings. Brandon chuckles, wrapping an arm around their shoulders.

"Right, together we'll look like three geeks without any friends," Brenda glares at him and he removes his arm from her shoulder. "Joke, okay?" They all walk into the principal's office and he tells them to sit. He takes out their files, looking through them. First, he looks at Brandon.

"Swim team, sports editor of your school paper, all-state cross country, and you still managed to keep a 3.8?" The siblings look at each other, smirking. The principal then looks at Brenda.

"Drama, student council, almost a straight-A student."

"Yeah, well I help her with her homework a little." Brandon says, making her side-eye him and smirk. Then, he looks at Brinan.

"Creative Writing, star softball player, top writer in the school paper? All with a 4.0," He says, seeming very impressed with them. "The three of you are used to doing well. You're achievers. And I don't want to diminish your accomplishments, but I won't kid you either, West Beverly's tough. The kids are very competitive. So if you have any problems, academic or otherwise, come talk to me. That's why I'm here." The bell then rang and they said bye to him, making their way to their first classes.

Brinan's first class was English. That was her favorite subject. She loved writing and her old teacher, Mrs.Schubert, would always encourage her writing, saying that she was one of the best writers at her age.

When she walked into the classroom, she was met with a bunch of students sitting at their seats. The teacher's smile brightened when she saw her walk in. She waved her over and she walked over to her.

"Hello! Welcome to West Beverly! What's your name? I'll place you in a seat."

"Brinan Walsh." She says, and she skims through the attendance and looks up, seeing a desk open.