Uplifted Spirts!

---------

Song: Wake Me Up! by Avicii

---------

-On the Road-

Poppy then said, "So, Me and Branch had an idea. Why not play a tune to help bring the mood back up!" She said excitingly.

The comment made, caught them all a little bit by surprise to say the least but after getting over the initial shock they all smiled in response. John Dory still had his eyes locked on the road but like the others, his ears were peeled for a familiar tune to be played.

After getting their response of reassurance. Branch continued. He picked up the acoustic guitar and placed his hands gently on it. For the first couple seconds, he played around with different keys before he had finally set his mind on a nostalgic tune that was sure to be memorized by the rest. At first, It took a couple of key changes before the others could remember the tune being played but after getting a rhythmic feel for the song, Floyd began before being joined by John.

"Feeling my way through the darkness
Guided by a beating heart"

"I can't tell where the journey will end
But I know where to start"

Now being joined by Branch and then followed by Clay. There was a silent understanding amongst one another as to the certain significance of the lyrics each one of them sang individually.

"They tell me I'm too young to understand
They say I'm caught up in a dream"

"Well life will pass me by if I don't open up my eyes
Well that's fine by me"

Feeling an attachment to the next line, Viva sang out harmoniously and was then joined by Poppy who felt the line fit their situation well. As they sang, they look to each other as each one of them sang a line and smiled. Even John could be seen smiling by the rearview mirror.

"So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older"

"All this time I was finding myself, and I
Didn't know I was lost"

Now they all began to belt out the chorus as they John picked up the speed of Rhonda. Smiling brightly at one another, they began to dance in their seats as the rhythm of the song was beginning to build up.

"So wake me up when it's all over
When I'm wiser and I'm older
All this time I was finding myself, and I
Didn't know I was lost"

As the song hit its instrumental, the atmosphere had changed almost completely. There something that felt so fulfilling about singing together, they couldn't help but feel giddy and melancholic simultaneously. Giddy because they were finally together as a family but melancholic as to the feeling that they had missed out in a multitude of opportunities to have shared moments like this growing up.

As the first instrumental came to an end. They began to distribute lines once again with Branch initially starting the first line of the bridge while Poppy joined in on the second line. The next verse was taken by Viva, while Clay took the third and Floyd, the fourth.

"I tried carrying the weight of the world"

-"But I only have two hands"

"Hope I get the chance to travel the world
But I don't have any plans"

"Wish that I could stay forever this young
Not afraid to close my eyes"

"Life's a game made for everyone
And love is a prize"

As the chorus began to approach again, John took it as an opportunity to jump in and say the second line before looking at Branch and encouraging him to sing the next.