Chapter 38

-----Jaemin-----

-----Jaemin-----

We spent hours driving around, Taeyong-Hyung included. Jeno drove because he said it would feel freeing and his brother sat beside him, the rest of us in the back. The windows were down and there were smiles on all of our faces. It truly did feel freeing.

I still kept an eye on Jeno but he was always smiling and looked more relaxed than I had ever seen him. I couldn't help but feel happy that he was happy from all of the years he had to go through with the torment of his parents. It hadn't been fair. But now he was here, with us and that is all that matters.

"Where should we go?" Jeno questions, stopping at a red light, and turning to look at us.

We glance at each other, wondering what to say. Frankly, I wanted to go home and I'm sure my family would be happy to see all of us, together but it also felt selfish. It also felt like a chance for Jeno to be surrounded by love. Motherly love, to be precise, just how my mom had treated him before.

"How about going to Jaemin's home? You guys haven't seen her mom and I'm sure she'd like to," Donghyuck says, looking at me. I smile in disbelief. How had he known? "Is that okay with you?"

"Of course. If you guys are okay with it then so am I," I answer. "Is that okay Taeyong-Hyung?"

He ought to be the most uncomfortable if we were to go home, where my mother and brother would be, two people he had never met before.

"Of course, that's fine."

So off we were. Ultimately, we decided that we needed some days off and called into work for sick days. Mark-Hyung said that he had to go back early tomorrow but that he'd drive back as soon as possible. I was saddened by this but I could understand, that his profession is a lot more demanding than ours. At least that's what I believe.

I was close to telling him that he didn't have to drive back considering the drive was a little over an hour and he would be tired but I was selfish enough to not do it. I wanted to be with them, I think the four of us wanted that the most right now.

We drove two hours long instead of one because of how long we had traveled around but when I got there, I instantly jumped out of the car and knocked on the door.

"Coming!" I heard from the inside. Surprisingly, it was Jaehyun's voice and not my mother's.

When the door opens and he registers my presence, his eyes brighten and he laughs, taking me into his arms. It felt warm and nice to get a hug from my brother. He would always comfort me like this.

"What are you doing here?" He asks with a smile, his hands on my shoulders.

"Well... I needed a little break." I look back at the others as they wait by the car. "I hope you don't mind that I brought them with me."

He looks over and waves. "Of course, I don't mind."

"It's nice to see you guys, really," he says, looking at Mark-Hyung and Jeno as they come closer. He had already seen Donghyuck of course.