Chapter 1 - Devil Is Key

{A/n: I randomly decided to write this so excuse any errors or 'cringe' i have extreme writers block >.<}  

- 3/16/24 -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up in a room with all white walls, the same as always. The loud buzzing has finally stopped, 'i don't know why they have to wake me up like this..' i think. I yawn and stretch, then i stand up off my bed and walk over to a metal door, where i see two white gloved hands put a tray of food through the door. I grab the tray and sit on the floor near my bed, since i have no table, In fact i have no furniture besides a mattress on a small metal 'bedframe'. The same ol' routine.

After i finish 'breakfast' i put the tray back on the little 'edge' by the little flap on the door they hands previously came through. After a few minutes the door opens and i am led to the showers by two tall men, dressed in all black. I step in the shower and wash my body quickly, then move to my long, silky black hair. I begin to wash it and after a nice, soothing wash, i stand in the water for a few minutes, completely zoning out of reality. "Jules" A voice says from the intercom, not noticing i continue to stand there. "Jules, Shower time is up." The voice says again, breaking me from my trance. I turn around and see two guards walk in. "Is it already time boys?" I say as the guards walk up to me and give me new clothes before walking back out. I get dressed in a white jumpsuit and white slippers. I knock on the metal door, and it opens suddenly. 

The guards lead me to the courtyard, where the other 'patients' are. I walk over to my best friend, Angel. She looks at me and smiles. "took you long enough" She says crossing her arms. "did you zone out again?" She continues and awaits my reply. "yeah...these walls are just..so depressing. I cant help but think about getting out of here. Seeing the real world again." I say, not making eye contact with angel, and instead making this face. This face that says 'I'm not here'. This face that shows how ready i am to leave, how i am willing to do anything to get out of here. anything. Angel Snaps twice. "Jules?" She says, snapping me back into reality. "Sorry.." I reply, still not completely there. "I just want to get out of here. What i did was bad..but what their doing to us is almost worse..." I continue. Angel looks understanding. "you know...i know a way you could get out of this hellhole." She says. "Angel don't be ridiculous. There is no way out. I've tried everything." i say with a bit of annoyance in my voice. "There  is no way to escape. I've tried it all." I continue, finally looking Angel in the eyes. "Oh but there is, Jules. I know a way to get out, and you can have everything you want. Money, Fame, Anything." She says. 

I open my mouth to say something, but before i can say anything a loud buzz goes off and guards are dragging us inside, back to our rooms. I wave to Angel, who is just letting the guards take her, Appose to me, ripping free and walking myself to my room. 'They act like i don't know the damn routine. I've been here 5 years. I know the damn routine.' I say to myself, as i here a loud slam behind me. 'shit. i have to pee' i mumble. I walk to the door, and knock twice. A little window appears. "Yes?" A guard answers my knock. "Bathroom." I reply. The door opens and I'm led to the toilets. I walk in side and do my business. I look over to see the words 'Devil is key'. "What the hell-" i say, standing up. 'what does that mean? Devil is key?' i think to myself, walking to the sink and running the water for a minute, still thinking about the words i read on the walls of the bathroom. 

I get back to the room and think for a moment. "Devil is k-" i am cutoff by a buzzing sound and the metal door opening. I stand up, as if an automatic reaction, and walk to the door. They lead me to the 'cafeteria' and i sit at a table. After a few minutes, Angel walks up and sits beside me. "Hey Jules." She says as i look over at her. "Oh, hi." I say, still dethatched from the words i saw in the bathroom. "You okay?" She replies, acknowledging the look on my face. "Oh uh, yeah. I just saw something weird in the bathrooms. But I'm sure it was just some crazy person or something." I say to her. Not bothering to explain to her what i saw. "Look, i know someone who got out of here. I can show you how." She says. I nod confused but waiting for her to continue with her sentence. "You have to..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{A/n: EHEH CLIFFHANGER !! I hope You Guys Enjoyed the First chapter Of This Book. Dm me if you have any suggestions. Love you guys <33}  

Word Count: 892