Downpour Of Hyderabad - II

"Do you want to leave? "

Shubhman feels like he hallucinated that.

Given how weird his mind has been acting recently, it wouldn't even be a surprise.

"W- what?"

"I am asking you... Do you want to leave? "

He feels dread pool in his gut.

Leave?

He should have expected that.

He was expecting that.

But...

Leave And go where?

To be fair, it would have been completely justified if they had kicked him out after the disastrous series in South Africa.

If anything, he should be grateful for the additional chances he has gotten instead of whining.

But it hurts....god it hurts so bad he just wants to curl up inside a blanket and sob.

His throat feels painfully constricted and his vision is starting to blur.

Rohit Bhai sighs.

"Shubh.....Kiddo... Look at me."

He turns to the side and looks up.

"I'm not telling you to leave, I'm asking you.
Do you understand the difference? "

Oh.

Oh.

As if understanding his confusion, Bhai continues-

"If you feel like you are out of form and need some dedicated time to practice, or maybe you just need a break from playing, You can tell me. It's okay. "

He should say yes.

He thinks of Sarfaraz, of the longing burning in his eyes, hidden expertly through his seemingly never ending curtains of patience.

He thinks of Jurel...of the firey passion with which he practices in the nets and doesn't stop until someone drags him away.

They all deserve chances too... Chances which are being wasted on him.

He should Definitely say yes.

"Yeah. "

Rohit Bhai looks.... Surprised?

Confused?

Angry?

He gives up on trying to guess.

"So you want to leave? "

No.....

"Yes. I mean....Sarfaraz could bat at number three and-   "

He shuts his mouth when he recieves a scathing glare in return.

Oh he is definitely angry now.

"Do you think it's your place to tell me who to select for the team?"

He shakes his head.

Its like his body forgot how to speak the moment Rohit Bhai shifted into captain mode.

But he doesn't continue.

Instead, he just huffs with annoyance and takes a spoonful of Gulab Jamun from the bowl.

Broken Recordsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें