┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

┏━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━┓

My first interview is with

Captain_Sham

A writer with 900+ followers, thirty four books.

One of my favorite authors, lets know more about writing through her words.

╭────♕────╮

01. What are the major attractive factors to attract a reader?

:- First and foremost would definitely be the cover. It's true that one shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but another fact is that eyes eat first. It's the cover that makes one pick up a book. And after cover, the description of the plot. It should be long enough to give a clear idea about the main theme of the story but short enough to not give anything away. Overall, with the cover and the description, one must create a sense of luring mystery.

02. How do a writer improve themselves?

:- Writers improve by writing. One must not chase after perfection, because the harsh truth is that nothing is perfect. Practice doesn't make perfect but practice leads to improvement. Keep writing, study the work of your favourite authors, learn from their writing styles and surely it will lead to improvement.

03. Your favorite book on wattpad and your favorite book's writer?

:-My favourite book or rather books would definitely be the Arjun series written by my favourite author _RulerOfHearts_

04. Little easy tips for writers to improve there grammar and vocabulary?

:- To improve grammer I suggest to read a lot, watch some good English movies, and of course watch some YouTube videos on grammer. It will take time, but your English will improve before you realise.

05. Tricks to improve grammar,vocabulary?

:-Trick would be to write a chapter first, and then keep re-reading it to fix the grammer or add something.

06. How to attract readers and get more reads on a book?

:- To keep it real, let me
just tell you, that there is no
trick to get more readers instantly. Create good stories, and be consistent with your updates. I got so far because I am someone who updates daily, sometimes even twice or thrice in a day. Time management is the key. And it's totally understandable if you can't update daily, if you're updating once a week then it's totally fine but make sure you do give an update every week. And lastly, don't run after votes or readers, let them run after you.

07. What do you think about writing?

:-For me writing is something that helps me relax after a day of hectic college life.

08. How to not get discouraged by lack of votes ?

:- Well this might sound controversial, but I'll just say it - Writers, new or experienced, should understand that they are not entitled to the votes. No one in this world is entitled to anything. I have seen writers have a meltdown when they don't get enough votes, and then blame and lash out at their readers for that. I know this can discouraging. I know you believe that the story deserves it but if the story is good, votes will come.

09. How do you encourage yourself with the lack of votes?

:-I personally was never and still am never discouraged by the votes. I don't bother about them. I have always said that I don't care about votes, I care about comments. I love interacting with my readers. Also, sometimes the number of votes one chapter gets in a day, another chapter may get the same number of votes over 2-3 days. Give it sometime, have patience. Be consistent and enthusiastic.

10. Basic minor mistakes of writers?

:-Basic minor mistakes in my opinion would be use of the already overused cliche characters. It's fine if you wish to do a very mainstream trope like the cold husband or something, who only has a soft side for the female lead, but give it something of your own. Something that makes the reader think that this story is different, it has something new. Plus, avoid making your main lead annoying.

11. How to deal with writers block?

:- If you're getting discouraged by the lack of votes, ask yourselves this Am I writing the book for votes? Or am I writing this book because I believe in the potential of the story ? And try interacting with the readers, it's more fun than comments I assure you that.

12. The do and don't points while writing?

:-Do's - Be consistent, interact with readers, consider their feedback especially constructive ones; Don't - Exhaust yourself and dishearten yourself by negative comments.

13.How do you get new ideas?

:- I personally get my ideas from late night thoughts. My best books have been vague ideas from my late night thoughts that I carefully carved into a story during the day.

14. Major factors for character development? How should a character be?

:- Your character shall yourself tell you while you write. They will tell you how they shall be affected by an event, positively or negatively. For me character growth is maturing and making peace with life, and character degradation (for villains) is exactly reverse. Decide a structure for development first and then go with the flow.

15.How to spread the word about stories?

:- Ask writers with greater following to promote it. Half the times they won't even read your story, but will announce to their readers to check it out, which should be enough for you to get a reach.

16. What qualities should a writer have?

:- Be unafraid and be a menace, XD. Historically most of the greatest writers have been a menace to some degree. Don't be afraid to challenge the existing order with your stories, or challenge those who are questioning the existing order. BUT, make sure to be factually correct while doing so.

17. Your message to beginners and small writers.

:- My message would be - Keep writing, be consistent with updates, and don't be disheartened by the lack of votes for they will come.

╰────♕────╯

Don't run after votes or readers, let them run after you.”

~Captain_Sham

Thank you so much for sparing your valuable time for us captain ❤

Hope all of you learnt something new.

Bye.