IX - Soul Fusion

I've been doing everything for Meng Mei mei even though I look like a fool for weeks.

" Yuyu, come here I have something to show you" she said pulling me somewhere. I almost rolled my eyes on her. She even made a stupid nickname of me.

One thing that's good in it is I wasn't sold and they return my sword.

For the last few weeks, I haven't received news in the palace since I can't let these people know about me so I let Haru stop for the 2 months and send it again after. It is almost 2 months and still no progress.

This girl keep dragging me anywhere. She even want me to sleep close to her but his grandfather argued on it since I'm still a boy in their eyes.

We're walking for more than 2 hours until we reach a hidden cave under a falls near the forest. Once we reach the end of the passage there's a statue of an angel holding a jar that is pouring blue waters.It was surrounded with colorful fireflies and blue lagoon.The light from outside on the ceiling gives the statue aesthetic vibes.

She jumped on the platform in front of the statue.My eyes widen on her action since the distance is longer than 5 meters.

What she's planning to do?

" Yuyu,I know you need to be stronger than anyone here in this world. I can see how you wish to survive in every adversity you encounter that's why I'm asking the head of divinity of light to gave you my power in exchange of protection for my clan and family. " She said as she smiled with convection.

"What's your doing Meng meng?" Her grandparents exclaimed gasping for air to breathe.

"Grandma, Grandpa this will is the best for all of us.I don't want you to be burden with this power.I want you live comfortably and won't worrying about my safety.This power should be given to those whom can used it for salvation." She answered and smiled at them.

She means sacrificing her life for me.For that damn power.I can't take it.I can't take that method.

No, this isn't the best option instead it would be hurtful.

"No!I don't want it.I rather strive than doing this" I gritted as I looked at her pissed.

She stared at me and jumped back towards me. I was stunned on closeness we have. She smiled and kissed me on the lips making my eyes widen in shock.That kiss was just a smack but it made sleepy what did she do...

" Sorry,Yuyu but I already decided it the first time I met you"she whispered and everything went black.

****************************

"Agh! My body hurts! "I groaned as I started opening my eyesight. We're am I ?

" Oh you're awake young lad.I'm Estrose and this my husband Testose and you're in our home the verge of evolution. "A grandma with a weird cane that has red orb on top of it.

" Why I'm here?" I remembered being with -----. Why I can't remember that person. I'm trying to recall everything but the person is unknown and I can't figured whom it is.

" You can't remember her since she's inside with you now.Her existence in the world is gone and no one will be able to remember her." Old Testose said making me looked at him.

" I know you won't understand what we were saying so I just let you see your memory back before the soul fusion happened.Closed your eyes" He added as he taped my shoulder and I closed my eyes.

Everything from the time I was ambushed and it end in the lagoon which the merging happened.

I feel numb knowing someone sacrifice herself for this power.