Get Rashomoun'ed

"We are here."
Me and the team looked at the place Higuchi led  us to. Saying I was scared was an understatement. I did NOT want to run into Akutagawa so soon.

"Such a dark place, someone should light up a torch haha."
I said in an attempt to make myself prepared for whats to come.

"It's kind of creepy...."
Atsushi mumbled.

"It's strange...is this really the right place? Um..."
Tanizaki said and turned to look at Higuchi.

"It's Higuchi."

"Right, Higuchi-san. Smugglers are cowardly. They always have an escape route...but this alleyway is a dead end."
Tanizaki pointed out.

"That's right."
Higuchi dropped her bag on the ground.

I closed my eyes and inhaled a sharp breath.
'Here it comes, goodbye world...'

"I apologize for leading you into a trap. My real target was you!"
Higuchi put her phone to her ear.
"Akutagawa-senpai."

"Akutagawa?!"
Tanizaki and Atsushi exclaimed at the same time.
What did i do? I was rethinking my life choices.

"I have them here as planned."
Higuchi said on the phone. And took her guns out.

"She is with...!"
Tanizaki stammered as Naomi held on to his arm.
"The Port Mafia..!"
Atsushi completed Tanizaki's sentence.

Higuchi fired the guns. The shots were aimed at Tanizaki and Naomi, so i only had to run close to the wall to avoid them.
Naomi was shielding Tanizaki. Her back covered in her own blood as she smiled weakly at Tanizaki.
"Brother....are you okay?"
She managed to sputter out before passing out and falling straight into Tanizaki's arms.

"Naomi....Naomi!"
Tanizaki cried. Atsushi looked at the scene infront of him in horror.

I was leaning my back against the wall, I had no idea what i needed to do....i knew what happened alright, they will survive, but looking at all this happen right infront of me wasn't exactly in my 2024 expectation list...! Why did Kunikida send me here?! I didn't even have an ability. Why didn't Dazai stop this? He probably knew this was going to happen. Oh my god.

Tanizaki kept fretting and mumbling over and over again all the while Higuchi reloaded her guns. He couldn't decide what needed to be done first. Call Yosano? Clean the wounds? No idea.
In the end he decided to take her to the infirmary.

"Atsushi-kun, get her legs!"
Tanizaki turned his head to look behind at Atsushi, who was shaking violently.

While Tanizaki was distracted, Higuchi held her gun against his head. Tanizaki was mad....really mad.

"You two bit thug..."
He activated his ability and picked Naomi up.
"How dare you hurt Naomi?!"

"Ability: Light Snow!"
And with that...all that could be seen was a greenish-blue screen surrounding us and snow falling from nowhere.
'Wait his ability is so pretty...'
I thought as i looked around.
'Not the time, Y/N.'
I focused my attention back to the current events.

"Atsushi-kun, Y/N-san, stay far back."
Warned Tanizaki.
"This one...is mine to kill!"

Higuchi's breath hitched as she pushed herself away and started firing the guns, only for the bullets to hit nothing. The Tanizaki infront of her was an illusion, after all.
"What?"