16 - 20

Chapter 16 The Sixteenth Explosion

  Yoko and the others finally followed the kimono girl back home, but according to her, this place cannot be considered a home, it is just a temporary residence.

  Gintoki's stomach rumbled several times along the way.

  "The food in the ghost market is relatively..." The girl paused and seemed to be thinking of a euphemistic wording: "It is darker. I have fruits from the human world here. Let me use them to satisfy your hunger."

  She came over with a fruit basket and whispered: "Don't be afraid of me. I am a Zashiki warashi and I like humans very much. These fruits were also given to me by April 1st... from a human boy."

  Thinking of April 1st, she lowered her head and blushed a little.

  Yoko, Yato and Gintoki almost got into a fight over the fruit. Dazai opened his eyes wide and watched with interest as these three people used the dining table as a battlefield and fighting for food as a tactic.

  Zashiki Warashi sat upright and spoke carefully: "There has always been a ghost king before the ghost market. The ghosts doing business here must obey his orders."

  Yoko held Yato's head down with one hand and pressed Gintoki's back with his knee, monopolizing a whole bunch of grapes. "That'll be easy. If we find someone, we can ask the Ghost King to help directly."

  She popped the grape into her mouth and took a bite.

  "Then you will be disappointed." Zashiki Warashi looked a little embarrassed: "This ghost king had a fight with other monsters not long ago and was killed. After the death of the boss, in order to avoid the chaos of the leaderless group, the ghost city originally wanted to re-select the ghost king, but several Excellent candidates have been swept away by an inexplicable black wind. I doubt that they..."

  She paused, with a heavy expression on her face: "I feel like I was eaten by something."

  "The enemy seems to be in the dark."

  Dazai held his chin in one hand and pinched the lemon Yoko stuffed with him with the other. He ignored the girl's expression of eagerness to see him sour, and said thoughtfully: "Then we can pretend to be competitors and wait to be eaten."

  Gintoki's hand slipped and the orange fell onto the tatami with a clatter. He turned around stiffly and tried to climb out of the house--

  Then Yato grabbed him by the collar.

  "God God God God Valley-kun..." Gintoki turned his head mechanically and said with a cold sweat on his face: "For the sake of me seeing through your identity at a glance, let me go! There is no word 'easy' in the adult world. Justice calls me, Edo needs me, Ah Yin, I am very busy, and I have already worked very hard every day to feed giant rabbits and spectacle frames! And the box of strawberry milk I opened yesterday will expire if I don't drink it-- "

  "Don't worry. Seeing as you haven't remembered my name until now, I won't let you go. We will die together." Yadou showed a sinister smile.

  "Then how to become a competitor...you two should be quiet!" Yoko picked up the orange, broke half of it and stuffed it into Gintoki and Yato's mouths respectively, and asked Zashiki Warashi: "Do you need to fight with an opponent as high as a mountain? ?"

  "No, you are talking about the old almanac a long time ago." Zashiki Warashi girl explained: "Now the ghost world has entered a new era and begun to advocate a harmonious society. Those who want to be the ghost king need to go to the square to give a speech and then wait. Voting results. It's still the referendum period, so it's just the right time for you to go."