40

Since the embarrassment of basically being turned up at the cafeteria, (Y/N) hadn't bothered trying to see the Host Club or Tamaki. Her lunchtimes now consisted of either spending time with Ryuk and his rowdy, misogynistic friends or spending time with her own, smaller group of friends: Carla and Yuri.

Occasionally, (Y/N) and Tamaki would pass by each other on their way to their classes but nothing was said between the two. If you'd have told anybody that the pair had feelings for each other, you'd been deemed crazy. The way they acted, it was like they didn't even know one another.

--

"How's the whole 'moving on' thing going?" Yuri asked, sliding her tray of food down onto the table where (Y/N) and Carla sat. Carla looked at the questioning girl and simply shook her head, indicating Yuri should drop the topic. "Ah, sorry," she quietly said, jabbing some lettuce leaves from her plate.

"It's fine, really," (Y/N) said through mouthfuls of food. "Like I said the other week: that was my sign to move on."

Carla snorted, looking at (Y/N). "As if!" she chuckled. "Don't act like you weren't just saying you missed him!"

(Y/N) gave her friend a death stare. Maturely, she said, "It's a part of the grieving process."

"Grieving?!" Yuri choked out. "(Y/N), you can't grieve someone who's not dead," she reminded graciously as the girl flashed an unimpressed look toward her.

"He's not dead, but he might as well be to me. Like I said, I'm getting over him. We can't work together, end of."

A silence hit the table at full force like a tsunami. Both Carla and Yuri were shocked at how dedicated (Y/N) was to getting over Tamaki. Finally, Carla broke the ice. "You're... actually serious about this?" she asked in disbelief; it stunned her how the girl who'd been fangirling over Tamaki just a week prior was now saying he was dead to her.

"Yep," she shrugged.

--

"Hey hey," Hikaru sung as he watched Carla enter the club room, holding her cello case as usual. She simply ignored the twin in the hopes he'd leave her alone. However, that was not the case.

He only wanted to bug her more.

"Hellooo?" he agitatedly said, getting up from the sofa he was relaxing on and strolling over to where Carla was setting up to play, otherwise known as where (Y/N) used to play. "Right, what have I done?" he asked, annoyed and, consequently, pouting slightly. Despite Hikaru's question, Carla remained nonverbal. He rolled his eyes, "Boss! She's ignoring me."

"Now, now Carla, it's not nice to ignore Hikaru," Tamaki scolded once he made his way to the pair. Previously, he'd been sulking in the corner because Hikaru had ignored him, so it was ironic he was taking the side of the person who had just done the same to him.

Haruhi giggled slightly, hearing the dispute from the other side of the room. "What's wrong with Carla doing it? I ignore Hikaru all the time," she chimed in with a small laugh, causing Carla's cheeks to heat a little.

"You ignore me, too," Kaoru added sourly.

"Haruhi ignores us all," Kyoya calculatedly said from his desk, where he had just been punching numbers into his calculator.

Haruhi scoffed. "Nonsense!" The denial of ignoring everyone had wound Hikaru and Kaoru up, so they began to annoy the petite brunette, constantly tapping her shoulders and playing with her short hair. 

Tamaki chuckled, watching his three friends argue in the middle of the room. His mind wandered straight to (Y/N) however, an occurrence that had been happening rather often. He wished she could be there to experience the club once more. Alas, it was a longing he'd have to bury in the depths of his heart.