Chapter 1

What is the correct way to live?  Maybe settling down, starting a family, living a happy married life. To others, it might not include marriage at all, focusing on yourself and your career. Some people never settle down, and live a free-spirited life.

A rainy night is when most mischief happens. A young woman was running while a black car was chasing her.  The woman's name was Edalyn and this was a constant cycle for her. She was in the state of Delaware, currently hoping for a fence.  She looked back as the car stopped, then a male and female stepped out of the car. The female had black hair with purple highlights and the male had brown hair and dressed like a drug dealer.  Eda looked back terrified, she then grabbed firecrackers and threw them at the car windshield.

The windshield cracked very badly and Eda ran off. She turned a few corners to the small apartment she'd been staying in and packed up all her things. She then went into her closet and grabbed the big box of money she had from hustling around since she'd been there. It was 2500 dollars, and then some extra cash she had started in her bathroom. So in all 2700 dollars. Her heart pounded, as she got everything, and then her phone started ringing. 

Eda looked at it, then immediately turned her phone off.   Edalyn looked at the time, 11:48 pm.  Her life has been like this for years now. To those who have known her for years, she traveled the world, which was technically true, but she always had a reason to keep moving around. Eda grabbed her bag and skipped town for the 12th time.     

The next day in Connecticut, Lilith, Raine, Darius, and Noa were at a restaurant together.   Noa was talking about a recent jail visit. "Then I just completely went off on him, because there's absolutely no way I was going to just let him touch all up my nether regions," Noa said. Darius started snickering, as his humor was just as dark as Noa's. Lilith's face palmed at the terminology, as Noa said. "So I  kicked him in the balls and walked back home" Noa explained.  Raine chuckled, then said. "Sounds like something Eda would do"  Raine muttered with a small smile forming.  Lilith and Darius exchanged knowing gazes which turned into smirks.

After a few seconds, both of them took a sip of their drinks to avoid snickering. Noa looked at Raine with a little playful smirk. "It is, isn't she? " Noa agreed. Raine. Nodded. "Yeah, she always would be the one to get into whatever mess she could find," Noa said with a chuckle. "Yeah, she's always called me for help when she got in trouble" they fished, starting to blush. Raine didn't notice Lilith and Darius smirking and struggling to not seriously make fun of them right now.  "She told me she was going to travel the world one day.. I just.. Didn't think I wouldn't have some type of contact with her.. " Raine muttered, laying their head down.

Raines feelings for Lilith's younger sister weren't really a secret, however they never straight up confirmed it.  In fact, anytime when asked, they either didn't answer at all or found a way to change the subject.  "I get that, she only comes once a fucking blue moon" Noa scoffed. Lilith nodded her head in agreement. "I agree, and even when Edalyn does visit it's for like a week and she just disappears again" Lilith complained.

It was easy to tell when Eda wasn't going to be back for a while. She stopped answering her phone, and everyone had something out of place or faced a little prank by her hand. Lilith endured being smacked in the face with whipped cream multiple times, and Darius's bottle of lube was used to make his house into a slip-n-slide.  And Noa was usually missing a few tops.  However, it wasn't easy to spot favoritism towards Raine as all she did to them was move a few things around and are all one of their hoodies. 

Raine and Eda's relationship was a special one indeed. They never dated, or even said they had feelings for each other but the thing is, nobody knew how Eda felt about Raine. They could always guess, but she'd always been a good actress. For example, if something was bothering her she'd be a little more clingy to Raine and Lilith, and you wouldn't know she was even upset about something, until she was over it, and made a joke about it. 

Eda wasn't usually very affectionate she would actively push Raine off her, but in a very nice, "I love you but stop touching me" kind of way.  And mostly to Raine because they actively held her all the time in an "I might have a crush on you even though I really like you and I'm old enough to do this and get away with it" kind of way. 

Lilith and Darius then looked at each other then Darius said. "I swear she pops up out of nowhere and shows us a blast and a half, the leaves like the bitch is Batman or something" he scoffed. "Call her that again, and I'm shaving your head" Raine muttered.  Lilith chuckled. "Well I'm going to get going, iv had enough social interaction for one day" Lilith explained and left. Out of everyone, her social battery was the lowest. 

The next morning, Lilith woke up as usual and made tea in the morning because she was that type of person. She was still in pajamas, but half did her hair, meaning she took a brush to it and was reading a book at her table.  It was only 8:23 am when she heard someone knocking on her door.  Lilith looked at it cautiously, because she wasn't expecting anything or anyone. She didn't say anything but looked through the peephole. Once doing so she was shocked and immediately opened her door. And there Eda was, distracted by something she saw in the sky. "Edalyn!?.." Lilith blurted out, as a smile grew on her face.

Eda smirked, and turned to her older sister. "The one and only!"