"She's way out of your league." Steve said, him and Robin looking at a random customer. Robin wasn't really checking her out, she was just looking, but Steve, still new to knowing a queer person on a more personal level, wasn't grasping the fact that Robin wasn't into every woman she saw.

"I know, I was just looking. I'm not a weirdo like you." Robin said, placing tags on a few tapes.

"Whoa, hey, what's that supposed to mean?" He said defensively.

"I don't check out every woman that crosses my path. I'm gay Steve, not desperate." She grinned listening to Steve scoff.

"I never said you were desperate, and hey, I'm not desperate either." Robin turned to Steve, her brows raised. "I'm not!" This was coming from the guy who asked out just about any girl he came as close as greeting, and it's his job to do so. Not to mention how the poor guy goes out on dates frequently, going from bimbos to girls he'd claim were 'out of his league."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night Stevie." Robin said. He threw his hands up, putting his hands on his hips as he always does. With one last smile towards her coworker Robin left from behind the counter, a box full of movies in hand that needed to be put away.

As annoying as he could get, Robin was glad to have Steve working with her again. Over the summer she attempted to pick up a second job at Scoops Ahoy, only to end up working there for less than a month. But after some convincing, Keith allowed Steve the job. He only started a few days ago, but he was getting the hang of it all, minus the frequent attempt to get date.

From the front, the door opened for the hundredth time that day, the little bell above it chiming. Robin completely gave up on greeting people since it was such a busy day, if she kept going her voice would probably be gone before he shift could end.

She looked up seeing Max there, skateboard in hand. She looked off, like she had seen a ghost. If that were the case, it wouldn't be a surprise with everything that went on in this town.

"Hey kid." Robin said catching Max's attention, a small amount of relief visible on her face. "Long time no see." It had been a week since Robin had seen Max last. It was the day after she had stayed over, when Robin dropped her off at her house. She wasn't the same after the whole freakout that happened over the movie, she wasn't at fault for any of it, nor was Robin, but Max became distant.

"Yeah, just got busy I guess." Max said approaching the older girl. "Y'know, with school beginning and shit."

"So I take it your mom's letting you start on time this year huh?" Max froze for a moment, trying not to stammer.

"Uh yeah. Yeah totally." She hesitated. Robin looked at the redhead, her brows furrowing. "I heard you're starting this year yourself." Robin inhaled deeply, trying her hardest not to roll her eyes at the thought. "I thought you were a senior last year." Max said, nudging the older girl.

"I was, I just didn't have the credits to graduate."

"And I thought I wasn't gonna graduate." Steve said.

"Yeah well that's because you had a girlfriend with a 4.0." Robin snarked.

"Which is why I'm telling you to find one for yourself." Robin rolled her eyes, Max's brows furrowing out of confusion. "What brings you around here red?" He asked, turning his attention to Max.

"Oh, I was just, bored I guess." Max answered, scratching the back of her neck.

"Bored, dude it's the end of summer break, you should be like, swimming or, doing whatever shit kids do."

"What about the party? You haven't been with them?" Robin questioned. Max pursed her lips, all the reasons to hide from them filling her head. It wouldn't be as fun anyways, now that El and Will were gone. Now it was just Mike and whatever complaint he has and Lucas who always sits and listens, Dustin on the other hand was either with the two of them or talking with his Mormon girlfriend Suzie.