Chapter 1: Acceptance

As Loki walked through the hallway, he stopped abruptly before the giant double doors.

What if they sent him away? What if they changed their minds overnight?

The uncertainty gnawed at Loki's mind, making his steps hesitant as he approached the double doors.

Loki pushed the thoughts away. It had been a year since their victorious battle with Thanos. During this time, the Avengers personally sent him a message urging him to visit them immediately for a matter of utmost importance.

Loki started to open the doors.

"It's fine; it will all be fine," he repeated, trying to convince himself. But deep down, he couldn't shake off the nagging feeling of uncertainty and fear.

Loki could feel his heart thumping as he approached the Avengers at a round table. They all stood up when he walked in, and Thor was the first to greet his brother.

"You came!" he shouted and ran up to meet him.

"Of course I came," he replied, trying to hide the fear in his voice.

Thor looked him in the eyes. "Brother, you don't have to be frightened. It's a good reason, I promise."

Loki was shocked that Thor could tell what he was feeling. Although he always had a way of knowing.

"I'm not scared," he replied sharply. "I- I'm just concerned."

"Thor." Steve Rodgers gestured for Thor to get back in his seat.

"Oh right, sorry." Thor left Loki's side and walked back towards the table.

"Loki Laufeyson, I'm sure you're dying to know what's brought you here." The person who spoke was nowhere to be seen, yet Loki recognized the voice.

A tall figure suddenly stepped into the light and was at the top of the staircase.

"We have a big offer for you."

"Fury?" Now Loki was scared. He hadn't seen this man since the Battle of New York. What could Fury possibly want with him? The unexpectedness of Fury's presence sent a chill down Loki's spine.

"Oh good, I see you remember me. There is no need for introductions, then. We can get straight to the point." Nick Fury ascended the stairs and stood by the rest of the Avengers.

"Your brother and the Avengers told me about your heroic stand against Thanos." He went on. "They explained how you fought alongside them and your performance amid the battle."

Fury exhaled and looked at the Avengers. They all nodded. He looked back at Loki.

"With all that said, The Avengers and myself have agreed that you would make a powerful asset to the team."

Loki was in sheer disbelief. He had anticipated a simple thank you, but this? The surge of joy that engulfed him was almost overwhelming, a feeling he hadn't experienced in a long time.

"Are you saying you want me to become an- an Avenger?"

Nick Fury nodded. "Only if you accept."

Loki tried to hide his smile. "I would be honored."

Fury looked pleased with himself. "It's settled then," he turned and faced the Avengers.

"Welcome, your newest member of the team, Loki Laufeyson." The words echoed in Loki's ears, filling him with a sense of acceptance and belonging that he had longed for.

Loki only had a second to take it all in before Thor hugged him.

"I always knew this day would come! Brother, you will make such an excellent hero!" Thor's voice was filled with pride and love, and Loki couldn't help but feel a slight warmth in his heart.