Tears of Gold

Anakins smile wipes off of his face as soon as he sees Palo.

And then he immediately looks at me.

"Anakin! You're back! How did it go?" Padme asks while running to give him a hug.

Anakin knew that this was probably the only time he would be able to hug Padme before Palo would steel her all to himself.

He embraced the hug as if he hadn't had one in his life.

He gave a small fake smile and said,"it went well."

"So. Should we discuss our findings with the jedi council?" I ask

"Yes but first you guys need to introduce me to this guy right here." Anakin says trying his hardest not the breakdown.

"Oh right. This is Palo. Palo Corse-" Padme starts.

"Wait like. Corse as in the speeder and ship company." Anakin says while glaring at me.

"Yes indeed." Palo responds as he reaches his hand out in a welcoming gesture to Anakin.

"Cool cool. Alright alright." Anakin says trying not to seemed fazed at how famous this guy is as he shakes his hand.

"Nice meeting you but Tara and I better get going. Padme are you and Palo all right here while we go call the council?" Anakin says. I swore his eye started twitching.

"Yes we'll be alright." Padme says smiling and making eye contact with Palo.

Anakin and I leave the room and head upstairs into a living room.

I know.

There's like seven living rooms in this penthouse.

"What. No what- where. Why?" Anakin can't find the words.

"Huh?" I say acting confused when I know damn well he's about to freak about Palo.

"Why would you allow him to come here. First. He could be here trying to hurt Padme. Second, he's a guy that is so successful and rich and smarter and better and everything better than me-"

"I did not know who he was when I agreed for him to come over." I defend myself.

"Oh so first you don't know who he is so he could be some random killer. And. And you just. Agree to him coming over?"

"Anakin there's nothing we can do."

"Nothing I can do but there was something you could have done."

"Anakin how do you think it is for Padme to be locked up in her penthouse away from her home country. With no friends. No nothing and no familiarity with anything what so ever. She was almost killed the other night for who knows what reason. And so I thought maybe a visit from an old friend might keep her mind off of things." I say probably sounding a bit too harsh.

Silence.

"They're alone. They're alone together right now probably planning to get married and have kids and have this big fancy house that he can buy her that I couldn't even be able to step foot in because I'm too broke and a worthless piece of shit."

"Well why would you leave them alone."

"Really? Who's the one who gave the green light for him to come over here?" He says rolling his eyes.

"Anakin I'm not dismissing your feelings. Ok? I know how much you love Padme. And how much you wanted to be with her ok? I know you don't like seeing her with someone else. But you need to accept that Padme is happy. And I know you want her to be happy. You wouldn't want her anxious about who's out to get her this day. And if she will make it out of the day alive. I know you want her to be able to be happy. And Palo," I pause for a second to take a deep breath, "Palo makes her happy. And I'm sorry, I truly am but you're going to have to accept that. Accept that he makes her happy."