Chapter Two- The Lab

Dark...Darker...Yet Darker... Gaster appeared in what seemed to be a lab, the floor tiles were a distorted shade of green, and it was as if the life was drained from it. The concrete walls were damp, looking weak and grotesque, yet looked impenetrable, everything was wrong. The lights flickering, the broken pipe of water, with the endless water drops hitting the floor filling the silent void. Gaster walked to a corridor of cells, throwing Matt's unconscious body into one. Gaster proceeded to put in a code on a number pad. When the code was put in, a force field covered the cell. "This will contain the child, no amount of magic nor force will let him get out. This human is quite... unique. I've never seen a human this powerful. Not to mention this is a child." Gaster thought out loud, he started to write his ideas on what to do with this child. While Gaster was thinking away, Matt slowly woke up, his body was unbelievably sore. When he stood up, his legs were shaking. Matt fell onto his knees, and he slowly, but indeed realized the situation he was in. So many emotions filled him, rage, sadness, guilt. Everything. He started to try to break out, trying everything, attacking the force field with everything he had. But not even a scratch was visible. His body flopped to the floor, he was too weak to cry. Gaster walked over to the cell, glaring down at Matt, He opened the cell, took the child, and closed the cell, walking over to a Glass Chamber. He gently placed Matt into it, locking him in, restraining him by his wrists, waist, and ankles, closing the chamber, and when everything was set up. A button was pressed. A liquid started to fill the chamber, going up to Matt's neck. Gaster Smirked "Let's test the pain tolerance with this human, with these results we can run tests that won't break him" After a couple of seconds, electricity was pumped through the liquid, giving Matt a shocking wake-up call, He cried in pain, his body twitching in agony, he felt hopeless, this went on for several minutes, he needed to escape. Eventually, Matt passed out from the pain. As soon as this happened, The current was cut off, Gaster was reading the results on a screen, the value 0.5 was reflected. His eyes widened in shock, or in fear. He couldn't tell which emotion he was experiencing. Probably both. "There must be a mistake... SURELY a human child.. can't have a score this high... The standard Royal Guardsmen has a score of 0.2..." Gaster stood in shock for a couple more minutes, snapping back to reality "Well this gives us, frantically, an unlimited amount of tests. This does make some sense. Him being so capable at magic matches with this. However, how could he attain such power? At such a young age? THAT is the part that isn't adding up..." Gaster's mind ran on this phenomenon for hours. He just couldn't get it. "How. How can a Human Child have such a high score, Undyne has a score of 1.2 There is no chance that a toddler could put up a good fight against the Leader of the Royal guard..." While his mind was running, Matt was awake in his cell, crying, he was stuck down here... Alone, with nothing. The only thing he had for comfort was a hoodie. Nate's hoodie.

After a few hours, Gaster walked up to Matt's cell, glaring down at him. Matt was sitting on the floor. His attention was on the weird texture of the wall, how clean yet dirty, how smooth yet bumpy, how large but claustrophobic. It was strange. Matt suddenly could feel a heavy grasp on his soul, his eyes widened in pain as he clenched his chest "I can't let you move by yourself, considering your power. I need to use drastic measures." Gaster lifted his palm up slightly, as Matt started to float. Gaster was grasping Matt's soul with Magic. The two made their way to the lab. Ending up in a filthy room. The walls being contaminated with a filthy-smelling substance. It was so dimly lit, it was impossible to tell just how large the room was. In front of them was a machine. It had the same articular design as one of those Gaster blasters. With massive cables being connected to it via the roof. under it, there was a hole that seemed endless, the void was all that was in the hole. Matt tried to struggle out of Gaster's grasp. But to no use. Gaster walked over to the control panel. Hitting a switch, the mouth of the machine opened up, Gaster used his magic to force Matt into the machine, multiple chambers latching onto his soul, he started to struggle more, but it did nothing, He cried for help... yet nobody came. Gaster smiled, he didn't bother thinking of any possible consequences. And just pressed the button. The eyes of the Machine started to glow a bright red colour, the Chambers started to slowly absorb Matt's magic, he cried and yelled in pain. His whole body shaking in pain, tears raced down his face. His screams filling the silence. A very small amount of magic started to be collected. Gaster sighed, upping the intensity. Matt's eyes widened, the pain was unbearable. He looked around, trying to see anything he could do to escape. He got a plan. Despite the immense pain he was in. He calmed down, slowing his heartbeat. Channelling his magic, and exploded it.