1. Before It All

Sophie

Biana had just hailed Sophie with "exciting" news as Sophie searched frantically through her closet trying to find something good to wear.

They were having a sleepover.

And not like the ones that she and Biana sometimes had, where it was just the two of them; everyone was going to be there. Even Wylie, who was out of the elite levels now.

Everyone from their group hadn't been together at the same time since finally defeating the Neverseen over a year ago. Lady Gisela had, predictably, just regained complete control and power over the Neverseen, when Sophie and her friends had confronted her. They had come there to take her to prison, but she had died in the fighting. After that, the Neverseen scattered. They still ran into them occasionally, but never strong enough to be a real threat.

Now, instead of worrying about how to keep Keefe safe from Gisela or stop Stellarlune, Sophie's biggest worry was what she was going to wear to a sleepover.

She considered a few things; but finally ended up on a nice red dress that Biana had helped her pick out a few weeks ago. With Vertina's help, she threw her hair into a messy bun, and declined the talking mirror's makeup tips.

                                                                                   Sophie's Outfit

Sophie wasn't sure what she would do at the sleepover

Sophie wasn't sure what she would do at the sleepover. Fitz had been dropping more hints of liking Sophie, and she had finally started to take notice.

But, she didn't really like Fitz anymore.

Her heart didn't flutter when he was around, and his gifts and jokes didn't make Sophie feel special anymore; they made her almost feel smothered.

Although, Sophie wasn't sure if she could trust her heart anymore. Suddenly, once she acknowledged that she no longer liked Fitz, she got nervous and anxious around Keefe. Jokester, carefree Keefe, who most certainly didn't like Sophie; and on that note, she didn't like him! Right?

Sophie just wasn't sure anymore, and that was why she was dreading this sleepover. Would she have to choose now?

But, she had no choice. Knowing this, she gathered up the rest of her things and leaped to Everglen.