Chapter 2:

"Can you read?"

"Can you read?"

_______________________________

Alya wore an oversized Nirvana shirt and black shorts. Her black high platform shoes tapped on the wooden floor. She was inside of Fairy Godmother’s class with the Vk’s. She was happy that she had someone in the class with her. Alya wasn’t such a good kid growing up. But she had no choice. They were all bullies. 

*Flashback*

Young Alya sat down at her table coloring a picture for her father. “Look at her.” One of Audrey’s minions said, giggling. Alya put her head down. Audrey never liked Alya. She hated the fact they let a villain kid in Auradon. Alya was the very first villain kid, so nobody wanted to be friends with her. Her mother always told her they were going to be mean to her. But Alya never understood why but she hated it.  

"She's such a freak." Audrey said, loudly making sure everyone heard. She bumped into Alya's arm making her mess up on her drawing. As Audrey's cruel laughter echoed through the room, Alya felt a hot flush of humiliation rise up her neck. The color drained from her cheeks as she fought back tears, her small hands clenched into fists of frustration. She hated feeling weak, hated the way Audrey and her minions made her feel like she didn't belong.

"Oh, did you mess up?" Audrey teased. Alya looked down trying to contain herself like she was taught. Audrey smirked at the girl. "Here let us help." Audrey grabbed a can of blue paint. She poured it over Alya's head. As the blue paint splattered across Alya's drawing, creating a chaotic mess of colors and smudges, a wave of despair washed over her. The once vibrant scene she had been coloring for father now lay ruined before her, a stark reflection of the cruelty that surrounded her. The room fell silent, the air heavy with tension as Alya's heart hammered in her chest, her hands trembling with a mixture of anger and humiliation.

Audrey's laughter echoed in the room, a piercing sound that seemed to cut through Alya's defenses. The other students shifted uncomfortably in their seats, their eyes darting between Audrey and Alya, unsure of how to react to the bullying unfolding before them. Alya clenched her jaw, her nails digging into her palms as she fought to keep her emotions in check.

 Alya clenched her jaw, her nails digging into her palms as she fought to keep her emotions in check