Epilogue

I can't believe I actually found it in myself to write this, lol.

A few months later, Cody found himself on the living room floor, telling a bedtime story. The children were listening closely to every word he said until he finished.

"Another one!" Fives demanded.

"I'm afraid not, ad'ika. It's time to go to sleep."

"Please?" the other kids joined him.

"No," Cody said firmly but he laughed. "Tomorrow is a day too. Now it's time to go to sleep."

"I'm not tired," Echo protested.

"But you will be in the morning if you don't go asleep. Good night, ade."

Echo was the first one to come for a bedtime kiss, closely followed by Fives, Ahsoka and Anakin. Rex, who had started his rebellious stage of development recently, waited until the other children left but then he came for a kiss too.

Cody made sure all the children headed for their rooms and turned off the light with another wish of good night before he went to his bedroom and flopped down on the bed with a groan.

Obi-Wan laughed from his spot at the desk. "Isn't it a little early, darling?"

"You try entertaining five children for the whole afternoon."

"I'm sorry I left you alone for that, love. I promise I will be more helpful when I'm done with this project."

"It's fine. I know your work is important."

"Not nearly as much as you or the children are."

"Is that so? Come to bed, then. I miss my favorite pillow."

"Of course. I will just finish this..."

***

Spoiler, Obi-Wan actually finished it and joined Cody in bed. I understand you might want something more to happen between them but try to empathize with Cody. That man is just happy to have his favorite pillow back.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this.