Chapter 1: The Embrace

Darkness
That' wasn't how I thought I was going to die.

My name is Samuel Haythem. I am just a normal 20-year-old orphan trying to live a normal life. I have always loved RPGs, especially The World of Darkness and Vampire. The Masquerade always has a special place in my heart, as it was the first RPG that I ever played, and I loved it. 

I got hit by a car on my way home after a party at a friend's house and was left to die by the driver on a dirty and dark road.

After I finally bled to death, I found myself here.
Floating on a white void and seeing a white being without features looking at me 

"Welcome to the afterlife!"" God, or whatever he tells me I can't help but shiver at looking at him; whatever I imagined, God wasn't this close

I can't help but shiver at looking at him; whatever I imagined, God wasn't this close. 

"Do I go to Heaven or Hell now?" I can't help but ask. I don't think I am going to Hell, but you never know the rules. I wasn't very religious, and it's definitely been a while since I went to a church. 

"It's a possibility! Hell is always possible, but you have enough good actions on your soul to go to heaven, but you are also a perfect candidate for  reincarnating." God is catching my attention.

"What do you mean?" I ask him in surprise and curiosity. 

"Well, as you died at a relatively young age, your soul isn't very mature yet, which can make you stay in heaven a bit... dull and boring, so to counter this, these young souls are reborn in different words so they can live again, also helping their souls mature completely." God days shocking me 

I can be reborn again.

This sounds good. I get another chance at life and live a more happy life.

"How does it work?" I ask him, and he gives me a grin from a mouth that wasn't there a moment ago.

He snaps his fingers, and a large golden wheel appears right in front of me.
There are a lot of names on it.
Gotham
Shadowhunters
Riverdale
And many more

"Simple! You turn the wheel, and the world will stop. That's the word you're going to be reborn," God informs me.

I keep reading some of the names at The Wheel. 
None of these worlds are really bad; some need to be more careful but are still manageable.

"Also, the wheel will grant you a boon, a power, or the ability to help you in your next life. The wheel is going to weigh your soul to see what to give you," God tells me, making me excited.

I hope I get something good, maybe magic or even a healing factor. 
I grab a handle and look at God, who gives me a nod.
I then pull the handle, and the wheel starts to spin.

The wheel spins for a few more seconds before stopping.

I see the world as if I were reborn:
'THE VAMPIRE DIARIES/THE ORIGINALS/LEGACIES '

Wow! Isn't it the safest world around, but it's a good one nonetheless. I watched more of The Originals than TVD.

Their vampires are good, at least to TV show standards; they have a good mythology.
And their supernatural creatures as well, 
At least until Legacies; after that, there were a lot of new monsters popping up.

"Now put your hand at the center of the wheel and let's see what boon you got!" God tells me, and I quickly put my hand at the center

A bright red light shone from my hands to the center of the wheel.
Then a swirly red portal appeared, and something came out of it.

I walk up to it and grab it.
It's a large laminated paper sheet.