Chapter 4: My Weakness

"Nobody got me feeling this way.
To say that we're in love is dangerous... but, girl, I'm so glad we're acquainted."

__________________🥀__________________

I was in front of her house.
But I didn't head towards the door; I opted for her bedroom window. I lifted the glass and entered.

I knew neither she nor her family were home; they spent every Christmas with their grandparents.

My only option was to wait for her, but I knew it would be at least two hours, so I decided to fall asleep, hoping she wouldn't be frightened when she saw me, although this was something I used to do when... we were still friends.

---🥀---

I felt someone touching my shoulders.

"Five more minutes..." I murmured.

"Eldritch! What the hell are you doing here?!"

I jumped up, remembering I was in her house.

"Hi, Adelaida."
I couldn't say more, as I felt her warm, soft, fragile body embracing me.

"Oh Eld, you shouldn't be here, but I'm so glad to see you."

"I know, but I came to tell you something very important."

"What is it?" She looked at me with those blue eyes... so deep they seemed to reflect the sea... even the sun, the stars, the moon... all of that lost meaning against the sky of her eyes...

"I... came to ask you for a place to sleep, at least for a few days, until I find a job and can afford another house."

"But you know my father..."

After moving in with my mother, we stayed in touch and became very good friends until her father ruined everything and forbade us from seeing each other, punishing Ada.

"Yes, I know. But I have nowhere else to go, she kicked me out..."

"What?! ¿why? ¿how could she?"

"You know she hates me, but I know your father does too. I'm nothing compared to Alex" I clenched my jaw saying his disgusting name.

Yes, Alex, the same one who bullied me at school, which I no longer attended because when I moved in with my mother, I enrolled in another one. Turns out the idiot's father and Ada's father are very good friends, and the jerk behaves like the best person in front of them, but I know he's an egocentric and an idiot.

He doesn't deserve her.

We need to do something.

He's in our way, and what do we do when someone gets in our way, Eldritch?