An Alien in my shed

The Alien in my shed

Chapter 1 The Alien in my shed

I had to cut the grass. I'd left it a bit longer than I should. So I went to the shed. I found it unlocked. Funny, I was sure I locked it. I opened it. Everything seemed in place. I didn't notice the paint cans had moved. The mower was there. The Barbecue was there with its cover on. What a waste of money it was buying that. With only me in the house when would I cook up a couple of beefburgers just for me. I pulled the mower out of the shed. It was a good mower. Well worth paying a little bit more for. It had a metal blade. I didn't want one with plastic blades that are only good for 2 or 3 times. I reached back in and picked up the extension lead. Then I walked up to the garage pulling the mower behind me. I plugged it all in and began to mow the lawn. I didn't notice a small animal dart out of the shed. It would be back in before I finished. It took me about 40 minutes to cut the lawn. I had to empty the collector a few times. I unplugged the extension lead and reeled in the lead, then I made my way back to the shed. Pulling my mower behind me. When I got there I pushed the mower in and placed the lead in its corner. Something caught my eye. The cover moved. Could be a rat. I watched it for a bit then picked up a spade and approached the cover. It moved again. I grabbed the end and whisked it up. What was sat there looking at me wasn't a rat. I didn't know what it was. Large green eyes stared at me. They blinked sideways. Somehow I sensed it was friendly so I put down the spade. "Hello little fella," I said. It raised a hand with really long fingers up. There were three fingers and a thumb. It closed the fingers and left one up. Then it closed it and opened it. It was beckoning to me to come closer. So I did. It kept beckoning so I got as close as it was possible. Then it reached up and touched my forehead. I felt a fluttering sensation. What was it doing? After a few moments it pulled its finger back.

I had an overwhelming feeling of friendliness, and realisation. I made myself more comfortable and sat down. This creature was an alien. It blinked again and spoke. "Hello Tim." She said. The fact that it knew my name didn't surprise me. I knew her name. And that she was female.

Chapter 2

"Hello Arkan," I said. "Pleased to meet you," I added. She was small,, almost hairless, really big eyes and a large head. The top of her head was covered in fur, white fur, or hair. No it looked more like fur. Now I could see her clearer her body was covered in a very thin layer of fur. "Would you like to come back to my home?" I asked.

"Yes that would be nice," she said. "In case you are wondering. I connected with your mind just then, that's how I know your language. And shown you that I wasn't a threat."

I wasn't wondering, I just accepted it. I got up and she climbed out from under the barbecue. Her feet were large like her hands. But very like mine. I'd put her as the same size as a large cat. We left the shed and I locked it. "Do you lock everything like that?" she asked.

"I'm afraid we do." I said. "Can't be too careful."

"We don't," she said. "Not on my planet Synus."

Chapter 3

We walked up to my back door and went in. "Well Arkan, this is my home."

"It looks very comfortable," she said. "What have you got to eat? I'm hungry."

"Well I've got a few meats, and several vegetables," I said.

"We don't eat meat." We did used to thousands of years ago."

"How old is your civilisation then?" I asked her.

"We have been going now for thousands of years, and my planet is on the other side of this Galaxy. Which we call The Androled Galaxy by the way."