Chapter 1

"Emma!! You're going to be late for school!" Marinette called to her daughter.
Adrien hugged her from behind, "Well good morning to my beautiful wife" he rested his head on her shoulder.
Marinette giggled and softly kissed his lips, "I made you some coffee before work, I have a feeling I'll be taking Emma to school today so you can go ahead and get started without me" She turned around and cupped her husband's face.
Adrien smiled and rested his hands on her petite waist, "Thank you, m'lady, I can take her if you want. I mean, if you are taking her"
As if on cue Emma yelled from upstairs, "Can you take me? I'm tired!"
Adrien chuckled, "So..would you like that?" He asked.
Marinette fixed his tie, "No it's alright, you get your coffee and head to the office, I'll meet you there after I take her"
Adrien smiled, "If you say so" he then softly kissed his wife before grabbing his keys and coffee cup and heading out the door.

Meanwhile, upstairs a very sleepy Emma dragged herself out of bed, "stupid school" she mumbled.
Her mother opened the door and looked at her tired daughter, "I made you some coffee dear," she said kindly setting down the mug on her nightstand.
"Thanks, momma, can you grab me some medicine? Got a headache this morning" Emma asked walking into her closet to get dressed.
"Oh no honey, are you getting sick?" Her mom's worried voice carried throughout the room.
"No, no, just a headache" Emma replied.
But the truth was she had been sick. Waking up every morning with nausea, pounding headaches, and worst of all not being able to keep anything down. But she would never admit that to her worried mother, because she had a special idea of what the cause could be, and it terrified her.

Marinette quickly brought up the medicine for Emma with a cold glass of water, "Emma honey, I'm going to leave this right here on your desk and you can grab it when you're done getting ready. I'll be just downstairs preparing breakfast if you need me" she set down the pills and water on the desk and closed the door behind her.

Emma slipped on her favorite pair of jeans, they were a light blue pair of skinny jeans that she always wore. But this time when she went to close them up they didn't close, Making Emma's fears even more real.
"Shit," she mumbled trying to close the jeans around her stomach.
Eventually, she became frustrated and threw on some stretchy leggings instead. Once dressed, she came out of her closet and looked at her phone to find a text from Caleb.

Calob: What do you say about coming over to my place tonight?

Emma shook her head as she swallowed the pills in one large gulp.

Emma: Love to but I can't, got stuff to do tonight, sorry babe. Tomorrow?"

Calob: Aw bummer, but sure tomorrow works

Emma smiled and put her phone in the pocket of her sweatpants, her smile quickly faded once she felt last night's dinner rising in her throat. She ran into her bathroom and hung her head over the toilet. As she threw up Marinette walked up the stairs keys swinging in her hand.
"Emma sweetie! We need to get going I have work!" Marinette called.
Emma panicked at the sound of her mother's footsteps approaching her room, she couldn't see her like this.
"Emma?"
She heard the doorknob turn as she frantically ran out of the bathroom to her room.

Marinette looked over her daughter with suspicion, "Are you ok Em?" She asked.
Emma nodded and picked up her bag off of the floor, she swung it over her shoulder, "Yep! Let's get going! You have work remember" She knew exactly how to distract her mom.
"Oh right!" Marinette looked at her watch, "And I'm running late! Let's go!" Marinette rushed Emma out to the car and began driving.

A text pinged from her phone while driving, "Who is it, Emma?" She asked keeping her eyes on the road.
"It's Dad, he wants to know where you are" she replied after checking her Mom's phone.
Adrien was very protective over his girls, so it made sense he was checking up.
"Uh..Tell him I'm running late, almost to the school" Marinette stated.
"Ok..." Emma quickly typed out the message as they pulled into the school parking lot, she hit send and put down the phone right as the car came to a stop.
"Thanks, momma! Love you!" Emma opened the car door and got out.
"Of course, honey, have a good day love you too!"
Marinette's voice was cut off by the slam of the door, Emma waved goodbye as Marinette sped off to work.

That day Marinette walked into work feeling uneasy about Emma's behavior, she felt in her gut something was wrong and it unsettled her. Nonetheless, she happily stepped into Adrien's office with a muffin in hand, "Hey honey! Noticed you didn't get breakfast this morning so I brought you some" she walked to his side and placed the muffin in front of him.
Adrien turned away from the computer and greedily picked it up, "Thank you! You're the best" he stuffed the pastry in his mouth making Marinette giggle.
"Don't choke" she joked.
Adrien threw the wrapper in the trash and held out his arms wide, Marinette sat on his lap and melted into his arms.
"What's wrong love?" He asked.
Adrien could always sense when something was off with his wife, it was one of the many things he was good at.

Marinette sighed sadly, "I'm just worried that's all" she replied closing her eyes and enjoying the feeling of her husband.
"About what?" Adrien kissed the top of Marinette's head.
"Emma, this morning she was just..off, she had a headache so I brought her some medicine. But she was just acting weird overall. I walked in and she was breathing heavily and looked paler than normal. And she was just in sweatpants and a normal hoodie today. Her hair wasn't done, only had chapstick, and it was just...so unlike her! I mean you know she likes dressing up, I haven't seen her wear sweatpants in years!" She stated.
Adrien chuckled, "You're stressing over our baby girl wearing sweatpants, I promise it's nothing M" he squeezed her and she sat up.

She rested her hands on his chest, "I just can't shake it," she pouted.
Adrien smiled kindly at her, he loved her little pout and the way she fit so perfectly against his body.
"I promise it's nothing, Mari, I'll call at lunch to check up on her just to give you some peace of mind," He told her as he stared into her pretty face.
Marinette smiled and eagerly nodded, "Thank you" She bent down and captured his lips in a sweet kiss.
Adrien pulled her closer to him earning himself a surprised squeal from Marinette.
She pulled away, "Mr. Agreste!" She stated surprised, "We are in a workspace!"
"Where, may I remind you, we are in charge of and can do pretty much whatever we want," He pulled her back in and kissed her passionately.
Adrien's hands trailed down to her inner thighs and under her skirt. There his hands roamed for a moment until things escalated and suddenly Adrien's pants were halfway down.

Marinette collapsed onto Adrien's heaving chest, "Adrien.." she whispered tiredly.
"Sh, sh, sh" Adrien placed a gentle kiss on her neck and picked her up.
"W-what are you doing?" She asked resting her head on Adrien's shoulder.
Adrien pulled up his pants and walked over to the nearby couch in his office, "it's ok M, I'll take over and get back to work now, you go ahead and rest for a bit" He laid her limp body down on the couch and pulled down her skirt.
"No..don't leave, please.." she begged.
Adrien's heart swelled as he watched his lady in this vulnerable state, he wanted to scoop her up and never let go. But he knew he needed to get some work done today.
"I'm sorry M," he bent down and lightly kissed her forehead, "I'll be right across the room, just for right now you can sleep" he moved a few strands of hair out of her face.
"But...just a minute please, just until I fall asleep. I don't want to be alone" she begged.
Adrien just couldn't say no to that pretty little face, he climbed onto the couch with her and smoothed down her hair while waiting for her to drift into sleep. It didn't take long and he soon rose off of the couch to get back to work.