Chapter 1

The alarm clock blared in June's ears. She groaned and rolled over trying to smash the snooze button on her light blue, digital alarm clock.

 "Just 5 more minutes!" She begged desperately, still clumsily fumbling around on her nightstand, eyes squeezed shut, fingers frantically trying to find the smooth, glossy plastic of the overused snooze button.

 There was a loud bang as June fell off of her bed, back hitting the floor and head smacking the wall painfully.

 "Oh, Crap." June mumbled angrily to herself, now trying to get out of the predicament she had gotten herself into. 

She was wedged in between her bed and her nightstand, and after quite a bit of squirming around and frustrated curses escaping her lips, June finally managed to free herself from the prison of wood and fabric her morning antics had gotten her into. Quickly glancing at the clock that had caused her so much trouble, brought yet another wave of panic. 8:05am.

 "Shiit, shit, shit! You HAVE GOT to be KIDDING me! 15 minutes... see THIS is why you don't sleep in you AbSoLuTe dumb ass!" She scolded herself. 

After tearing through her closet, she settled on her outfit, a deff leppard t-shirt, acid washed straight legged jeans, and some black high top converse. Rushing into the bathroom, she crashed into her little brother, Dustin.

 "Holy shit June, why are you running around like a blind madman, did you loose your eyes or something?" He sassed at her.

 "Dustin, I REALLY don't have time for your crap right now, I know I told you to stand up for yourself but I didn't mean me!" She replied incredulously "Are you almost ready? We have to leave in 5." She asked. 

"I'm more ready than you are.." Dustin mumbled under his breath.

 "What was that?!" June asked, slightly offended ,as he had said it louder than intended. "Nothing!" Her brother said, innocently. " I was just saying I was ready 15 minutes ago." He replied as he smugly smiled up at his older sister.

 "Whatever." She replied with a small chuckle and an exaggerated eye roll. 

After brushing her teeth and washing her face, June quickly brushed some black mascara over her long eyelashes, and swiped chapstick over her lips, tucked her blonde waves behind her ears, grabbed her backpack and car keys and clumsily ran down the hall, crashing into the walls after her feet fumbled on one of Dustin's toy robots. 

"This kid..." she mumbled exasperated, under her breath as she sprinted toward their kitchen where Dustin was sitting, devouring a stack of toasted Eggo waffles. 

"SwEEet! Thanks Dusty you're so kind," June smirked while snatching 2 waffles from her brothers plate "oh by the way, I thought you were ready 15 minutes ago" she giddily stated as she rustled her little brother's hat and curly hair.

 " Hey! You can't say anything! You slept in, I didn't." He replied triumphantly.

 "Yeah, yeah whatever!" June tried brushing away the embarrassing statement.

 After saying good bye to their mother, Mrs. Henderson, they bustled out the door, and launched toward a black 1976 Dodge Challenger. 

This was the car that first brought the taste of freedom to the Henderson children and ultimately brought them even closer. With June getting her license the year prior, she was now able to drive Dustin and his friends to and from the arcade, and wherever else they told her to go. June was happy for the excuse to drive around town and see places she normally would not have gone, like the backroads of Hawkins at sunset.

 As June turned the keys into the ignition, the vehicles engine roared to life, music playing over the radio. 

"Sorry for stealing your food bud, I had one hell of a morning if you haven't noticed already" June chuckled, reminiscing on the events that had transpired in her bedroom. "Those waffles were delicious though, I might have you toast me breakfast every morning if you're not careful!" 

Dustin glanced at his older sister, who was focused on the road ahead of the car. " I'm honored that you enjoyed my Eggo delicately, but, you should get your ass out of bed earlier." He joked. 

"Ha, Ha you're sO fUnNy." June laughed back as the car pulled into the high school parking lot. 

The curly haired boy jumped out of the car, and getting his bike from the back seat, yelled goodbye to his sister and rushed enthusiastically towards the middle school across the street. June watched as her brother bike over the hill, and as he disappeared into the middle school drop off zone, she grabbed her backpack out of her car, slammed the door shut, paused, thinking about how she could ever be as excited to be at school as Dustin was, then promptly turned on her heel and walked briskly toward the hell they call Hawkins High.