Chapter 2

As June strolled into Hawkins High, she immediately spotted her best friends through the crowd of adolescent teens. Nancy Wheeler and Barbra Holland. They had been friends ever since middle school when Nancy and June had dressed up as elves together for one of Mike, Dustin, Lucas and Will's campaigns. Nancy had introduced June to Barbra, and thus started the friendship of the trio. June rushed up to Nancy's locker where the two were talking.

"Hey guys! You ready for the chem test tomorrow, or are you to busy making-out with Steve Harrington?" June joked with Nancy as she walked up to the girls.

"Hey, that was a one time thing." Nancy retorted 

June and Barb looked at each other, both with a cocked eyebrow and a knowing smile, which ended up with them both cracking up and looking back at Nancy, laughing.

"Okay, two time thing, but I really have been studying," Nancy admitted with a shy smile as she opened her locker and a folded up piece of notebook paper with blue marker letters, seeping through the back of the paper. 

June glanced at Nancy and they both made a grab for the folded paper, but June got to it first, opened it and read aloud, "meet me, bathroom. Signed, Steve??" 

" Soooo, you were saying Nance??" June smiled sweetly, as she handed the piece of paper back to her friend. 

Nancy snatched the paper out of her friends hand with a small giggle. "Uggh, June, sometimes you can be so annoying, you know that?"

"I thought that was already established" June said innocently, with a smirk "but you, however, have someone waiting for you in the bathroom." Indicating the note clutched in Nancy's hand. 

"Don't worry Nance, I'll keep this trouble maker in check on our walk to class." Barb reassured her friend with a soft smile.

"Hey!" June said raising her hands in defense, "I'm not the one with Steve Harrington as a boyfriend, but seriously, I wouldn't keep him waiting." She said with a wink and a smile.

Nancy rolled her eyes and smiled. "Alright, whatever." She said as she turned and hurried towards the bathroom.

"How does she even know which bathroom to meet up in?" Barb questioned, as they watched their friend go.

"I don't know, they must spit swap often enough for her to have some crazy brain connection with him or something!" June replied with a laugh. "Ouch!" She exclaimed, still laughing, as Barb gently whacked June's arm. "Just saying!"

"You're so weird!" Barb told her friend as they walked towards their first class of the day.

"I know." June smiled back at her friend. "Whelp, this is my stop" she said as they reached the classroom door. "Wish me luck!" June pleaded at her friend, crossing her fingers. 

"Why? I thought you liked this class?" Barb inquired of her.

"Yeah, well I DID, but ever since Tommy got moved into my class, the teacher makes him sit by me because I'm a 'good influence' or whatever." June grimaced 

"Oh. Yeah. I wish you luck!" Barb sympathized.

"Thanks." June replied with a small smile.

As Barb and June exchanged goodbyes, the bell rang and the two friends parted ways. June took her seat next to the asshole who was Tommy H, who greeted her with the classic smirk and,  "hey September," To which she rolled her eyes, and wished she was anywhere else in the world as the teacher began the seemingly endless lesson, to what felt like the longest day in the world.  

                                                                                               •.    •.   •.        

*hey guyss! I am having so much fun writing this story! Unknown Territory is my first time ever writing (and releasing) a story like this, so PLEASE give me some feedback! Ily guys, and thank you so much for reading my story!! <3*