steph catley x (platonic) reader- struggling part 2

She decided on filling in Sam on what she had been noticing so the two of them could watch you together. At first it seemed everything had gone back to normal after the incident at school, you had gone back to (what everyone but a few people thought) was your usual energetic self and you had but you had been a little bit more closed off. But then Tony got a call saying you hadn't even been going to school and then all of a sudden it made sense to Steph; you had been feeling better because you hadn't been at school and most likely because you hadn't seen them girls from school. Steph was getting closer to finding out what was wrong but was still a little off.

Later during team bonding night Steph came over to you and asked if her and Sam could speak privately with you. You looked behind Steph at Sam who just nodded so you bedrudingly stood up and followed them to one of the unused media rooms. They sat on one couch while you sat by yourself on the one across from them and shifted uncomfortably.
"Do you want to tell us what's going on?" Sam asked and you shook your head
"Nothings going on why?" you asked hoping your question would bring them off the subject. You know you said you wanted to be heard and listened to bt you couldn't help but feel like this was a trap.
"How's school? Any homework or assessments?" Sam asked with a raised brow and you shrugged
"Dunno" you said looking down at the coach as you squished it every now and again
"Well that happens when you don't show up" Sam continued and you looked at her
"What does that mean?" You asked confused as you were naive and didn't think she'd find out you hadn't been going to school
"You know what it means." Steph this time replied firmly but you also heard a pinch of disappointment which made you sigh and your shoulders sag
"oh" you said defeatedly. You were torn; on one hand you wanted to tell them what has been happening at school but on the other you're scared they won't believe you.

Unknowingly to you Steph and Sam shared a look and decided stern captains weren't the way to go with this situation and instead decided to comfort and make you feel safe enough to tell them what was wrong. They moved to either side of you and wrapped you up on their arms and that alone nearly made you crumble.
"Cmon kiddo you can tell us what's wrong. We promise we won't judge you and we'll help you the best we can even if that's just sitting here with you, giving you big hugs or leaving you and getting mini" Sam said as she rubbed your shoulder
"Not mini" you mumbled while Sam and Steph shared another look over your head
"why?" Steph asked confusedly as usually you would go to mini for every little problem you have
"she wouldn't let me explain and she'll get mad at me" you let out as a few tears slid down your cheeks which none of your captains saw due to your head still facing the couch.
"Is this about the punch?" Sam finally connected the dots while you just nodded as more tears fell down your cheeks and onto the couch which caught both of their attention as Steph brought you properly into her arms.
"Awww bubs, it's ok" Steph shushed as you were now full on sobbing into her arms as she rubbed your back reassuringly.
"she wasn't mad at you" Sam said as you and Steph turned to her slightly and her a really look "ok she was in the moment but I promise she isn't now and she's really worried about you, actually everyone is" Sam said grabbing one of your hands and holding it between her own.
"Look we know something is wrong but we're not gonna force you to tell us ok?" Steph said and you shook your head at her
"No I wanna tell you guys" you said after you had taken a few deep breaths and regained your breathing.
"Ok then, that's fine too" Sam said sort of surprised at how quickly you had given into telling them.

You told them everything. Down to every key detail but they didn't complain and on one hand were haooy you were expressing this with them but on the other sad they hadn't listened to fully in the first place. They were also mad at them girls and decided since you didn't like the teachers at your school anyways they were gonna talk to Tony about you doing homeschooling instead of going into school.
"Thank you for telling us all that" Steph said "we promise to listen to you next time and every time" she explained as she held your face in her hands so you would look at her. You nodded happy that you got the guts to speak up a bit more.
"Should we talk with mini?" Sam asked as you shook your head
"Maybe tomorrow I'm really tired" you stated which was backed up by a yawn.
"Ok kiddo whenever you're ready, good night" Steph said giving you a hug followed by Sam before you left her embrace and walked up to your room and got ready for bed.

Steph came back to the room later to see you asleep with a slight smile on your face as opposed to the tear tracks she had known you had the last time she came to check on you.