CHAPTER :- 14

Prem was about to leave the office building to go meet his date when it started raining. He texted Prem to let him know he can't make it on time cause of rain, he apologized and asked Prem if he could make time in the evening.

Prem is staring out the window continuously, as he is reminded of the incident that happened to him on a rainy day a few months ago.

It started raining heavily that day too just as today. That day we held a small celebration for a singer in our company for her successful ten years in the industry. So naturally, The Chairman was invited as a formality, but he actually came unexpectedly . I was taken by surprise because he doesn't visit the company unless it's a big event which includes media and interviews. It turns out, I was right. After the celebration was over, he wanted to have a word with me in the office. What he said was exactly what I was afraid of.

At that time, a boy band who debuted two years ago here one of the members, Moon was caught up in a controversy. A fan stalked him and leaked his photos kissing a guy, his boyfriend. Although he had way more positive reactions than negative ones, people started hate commenting on him and made assumptive remarks on the internet and wanted us to kick him out of the group. I decided to let the controversy to go down eventually as I had no intention or reasons to do so. He was a really talented kid so I was determined on protecting him. I didn't want his talent to suffer. His real fans were also not happy about the fact that his personal life and sexuality was being judged on the internet by some so called fans.

Pho visited because he wanted me to immediately cease the contract with Moon . He didn't want us to have a bad reputation. It's the last thing I wanted to hear. The same old hurtful words he told me the day he found out i'm gay. I was never once angry at him, but it disappointed me this time, as I realized there was no end to his hatred. It was the first time in years I talked back and reason with him . Nevertheless it was of no use, I had to give up in the end. I failed to protect that kid even when I promised I would.

Next day, Moon was officially neither in the group nor signed under our company anymore. He basically became another victim of my father's prejudice. I wanted to atleast not let him experience with I have experienced in any way. His and the other member's crying face still hurts me to this day.

After the conference was over regarding his dismissal from the group, I went to the rooftop to get some fresh air. I crouched down on the floor trying to calm myself. My head was hurting like hell.

The rain started pouring down suddenly and so did my tears that I was holding back till now. All of my thoughts came surging collectively. I wanted to let it all out. The worst thing is , I could only cry and do nothing.

I have never felt this useless.Moon might forgive me but I would never. My timidity ruined a young and talented singer's career. Making a place again in the entertainment industry after you've been gone through this is not a walk in the park.

For the first time in my life I thought of leaving my beloved Wong entertainment and being free from my father. It didn't seem worth possessing over anymore. All of my determination to be a successor of Wong entertainment was because I thought we gave a platform to the artists to showcase their talent which is exactly what they're supposed to do.
To sum it up, if we put other things above their talent, it's just a mere business which focuses on only making profit by any means.

In the end, all I could think was about leaving everything. It's shameful to be a part of such negativity.

While I was busy midst cursing my pathetic life ,crying my eyes out. I felt the rain not not wetting me anymore. I looked up ,through my blurry vision caused by tears, I figured it was Mr. Boun holding an umbrella over me. At the moment, I was too distressed to care about anyone's presence anymore.

I cried for a while more before I gained my composure. He did not utter a word. He spoke only when we came down stairs back to my office, he asked if I was fine and volunteered to drive me back home. When I stepped out of the car and I was about to get going into the house, he told me the words I didn't know I desperately wanted to hear. 'Mr.Warut.....You tried your best, please don't blame yourself , things will get better eventually. I believe it would'

Weeks later, the conversation with mom was like a wake up call that I need to get a hold of myslaterHer words made me realize how much my professional and personal life is getting miserable. I need to be braver if I ought to make change.

"May I come in sir? " it's Boun's voice.

"Yes"

"Sir you said you were going out"

"Yeah. Change of plans. Why? "

" Ms. Yoshi has requested to have the meeting rescheduled. She wants to prepone " Ms. Yoshi is a producer. "You only have the day after tomorrow before a whole week of tight schedule"

"Day after tomorrow is fine"

" Then I'll reschedule it to Wednesday at 11 am, so, you'll still be able to go back early" it was supposed to be a whole free day he promised to spend with Lia.

Boun bows and leaves, which confuses him. If it was just this matter, he could have just said so on phone.

A few minutes later, Boun came back with a cup of tea.

"Uh....you seemed cold so.... "

"Thanks"

He leaves again. Prem grins while sipping on the tea. Little did he know, Boun actually came to check in on him cause as long as he remembers the last time it rained , he saw Prem in a state which broke his heart into pieces. So, it is natural for him to worry.

How am I supposed to not like him? Most of the times my delusional self wants to believe he does these things not only because he worries about me as a friend or it's his work but because he likes me the way I do.

It's funny how I act as if I'm trying to get over my first crush in high school . I may have grown up to be mature and rational but when it comes to love, I'm that same old teenager, its embarrassing. Getting over him is gonna be a lot more difficult than I thought.