𝑷𝑨𝑹𝑻 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬 ~ 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑶𝒇 𝑨 𝑩𝒐𝒏𝒅

🄽ikolai catches Charlie in his arms as she faints.
„Malen'kiy! Charlie! Hey, hey hey! Look at me look at me! Stay awake...!" Nikolai curses in Russian when Richard steps in. „Nikolai, bring her in your Apartment to rest. She's just weakened and shocked. Don't worry. Give her medical treatment and she'll be alright. I tell your father that she fainted after you proposed, okay? And make sure to plan me into your outbreak. Now go!" Richard declares and opens the door for Nikolai. Nikolai lifts Charlie up and carries her to his room. Luckily the corridors are abandoned as no guard or soldier is seen. He rushes fast, worried what caused Charlie's fainting. Nikolai hopes he hasn't frightened her off. Suddenly he stops. He was so in rush that he forgot he has his ability to teleport through shadows. Nikolai never tried to do that with a second person but he's sure it'll be alright. Otherwise he has to think about another way because in the main quarters are definitely guards. And the soldiers are here somewhere too. Hopefully this asshead Lieutenant Ivanov isn't creeping here somewhere too. That's the last thing he needs right now. Nikolai concentrates and walks through a created shadow. In not even one second their in the apartment of Nikolai. With Charlie in his arms Nikolai steps in his bedroom and softly puts her on his bed. He carefully strokes a hair out of her face. Nikolai sighs and thinks about what to do next. He decides to get his supplies to give her medical treatment. With a little help of necromancy she will be less in pain. He pulls out bandages and says a spell in Latin to put a healing spell on them. Nikolai carefully bandages her wrists, ankles and her neck. She must have been in pain. Anger forms in him. He hates it when people get treated unfairly. Strange for a man who assassinates, kills and tortures people but he can't help to care about her. He feels something strange in his stomach. As if bugs creep around his entrails and tickle them. Nikolai can't describe it properly but a thought creeps him. Is he in love? Is this feeling love?
No. It can't be. You can't fall in love this quick. That's impossible. Maybe it's just a matter of his masculinity. Or the need to protect a fragile girl in distress. Nikolai rubs his head as he continues to treat her bruises. He checks her temperature. She has fever and that very high. He feels guilty for taking things too far. She is traumatised and all he thought about is to clear is own questions and talking about an outbreak. Not to forget his proposal for the fake marriage. He just wants to help. Or was it to get a reason to leave this place? Nikolai sighs, annoyed by his own selfishness. Charlie looks so fragile. He wonders if he could bring back the light in her eyes. Her happiness. If that's even possible because Nikolai himself doesn't know if he's happy. Maybe he and Charlie are more identical than Nikolai thought. He puts a cold, wet cloth on her forehead to ease the fever. Nikolai boils a potion in his kitchen to give her vitals strength. Necromancy isn't that bad after all. He pulls out a bowl and serves the soup-like potion in it. He aromatises it with a bit of thyme to get a good taste. Not only medical treats are important for a Necromancer, cooking skills too. And his father of course made sure that his son is the best of everything. Not caring if the son wants to or not. Nikolai puts the thoughts aside and brings the bowl with potion back to his room. He places it on one of his nightstands and sits on the edge of the bed. He gets in thoughts for a moment when Charlie's stirring pulls him out. Nikolai carefully moves forward to not invade her personal space. Charlie suddenly gasps and sits upright breathing heavily. Nikolai cubs her cheeks with his gloved hands. „Shhhh..shh..it's okay! Don't worry, you're safe! Shh...I'm here, nothing happens to you."
Nikolai says softly in his slow Russian accent.
„What...happened...?" Charlie stammers in a whisper with a scared expression and wide eyes. Nikolai reassures her with a chuckle while letting go of her cheeks. „You fainted. Maybe out of shock...You scared me there, Malen'kiy....Please forgive me for being a dork back then. You must be traumatised and I just bombarded you with my questions....I won't do it again, I promise."
Charlie smiles tired. „It's...fine...please forgive me if I'm not so trusting...I need time to actually trust anyone....and I'm still not sure if you're honest with all of this or....just another person trying to break me...if that's even possible anymore...well...thank you for treating me...uhm...yeah..." Charlie stutters unsure of the whole situation. Nikolai smiles. „Of course, Malen'kiy. Take your time. I will take care of everything. Don't worry, we will figure this out, together. You're not alone anymore. You have me now. I know you won't trust me completely any time soon but I just wanted you to know. How are you feeling?"
He soothed while he dabs the wet cloth on her forehead with a caring touch and a affectionate expression. „Thank you...I'm....I don't know.. so confused...I'm not used to be treated nicely...and it's still strange that someone cares...I was always just treated as a cargo or a object as if I have no feelings..."
Charlie murmured in a sad tone. Nikolai frowns at what his father has done to the girl in front of him. He  continues dabbing the cloth on her forehead while pushing her gently back on the mat. He lays the cloth beside and takes the bowl with the potion. Charlie looks suspiciously at Nikolai who just says softly: „This is a potion I made. It won't hurt, it's for your healing."
Charlie scrunches her nose and says doubting: „A potion? What are you? I don't want this...."
Nikolai sighs and places his left gloved hand on the back of her head to steady it. „I'm a Necromancer. All of us are. Well, I have some abilities besides that too but I will tell you later. For now I want you to drink this, Malen'kiy. It will help you and ease your pain. That's the least I can do for you. Eat this. Can you do that for me?" Nikolai says in a insistent tone. He leans forward and nears the bowl her face. Charlie scrunches her nose more and backs her head away. „I don't need this...I feel better already..." Nikolai just holds her head in place firm but still gentle. „Yes, you do need this. I can feel that you're pain. Now I insist you to eat this.  No but's or no's. This is about your wellbeing. You need to get better. Get back your strength. Don't give yourself up. I know it's hard to trust. But please eat this. Now now, here." Nikolai suddenly just holds the bowl to her head and makes her gulp it down. Charlie swallows it hesitantly but eventually the bowl is empty. Nikolai smiles proudly while putting the bowl away. „See? Wasn't that bad. Now Malen'kiy, I want you to rest. You need sleep and much of rest. Don't worry about anything. I won't let anyone come near you." Nikolai wraps the black silk sheets around Charlie. He smiles softly. „Rest now...I will look over you. I won't leave you. Before I forget, do you want any water?" Charlie shakes her head. Nikolai looks a bit dreamy at the sight of Charlie laying there all tucked in the sheets. „Malen'kiy, I will be in my office for now. Don't worry, it's just a door to the left away."
Nikolai mentions a door next to the left nightstand which is next to the king sized bed Charlie lays in.
„Oh and behind the right door next to the nightstand is my wardrobe, in case you need anything. Not that you will leave the bed anytime soon in your state of course. Well, don't be frightened by the size of it. And my office too...in case....you give me a visit or....if you're in pain or anything. I'll come to you later." Charlie nods. With that he opens the door to the office and closes it.
Charlie nuzzles in the sheets. It smells icy like Nikolais cologne. Charlie calms down and soon falls asleep through her exhausted state. She sleeps restless.
Nikolai sits on his chair in front of his desk. He tips tasks in his computer while watching the door now and then. As if he waits for Charlie to call out for him. He never was this affectionate towards anyone. He sighs and realises he already fell for the girl with the abilities. The fact that she lays in his bed right now doesn't make it better. He has to concentrate. He can't make any mistakes. He can't take the risk to bring Charlie or Richard into trouble or in danger. He leans back and thinks how he's able to do that. He pures himself whiskey in a glass and takes a sip. That always helps him thinking about a plan. After one hour of thinking he planned everything out. From convincing his father about the marriage, the wedding and the life changing outbreak. He will talk to his father -  tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next part coming soon 🫡

Have a good day ☀️/ night 💤